Our mission is to grow and share the world's knowledge.
Lead User Researcher
$130k – $175k • No equity
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
User Researchers at Quora use a multitude of qualitative and quantitative research methods to understand user behavior, identify problems, and discover strategic opportunities. Researchers collaborate with cross functional product teams to use their findings to impact our product and improve the experience of millions of people who use Quora everyday.
About the Role:
As a Lead User Researcher, you'll work closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers, and Data Scientists to shape this unique platform and grow the world's knowledge. You'll partner with teams to understand our users through discovering mental models, motivations, key behaviors and cultural norms. The goal of your research efforts and team collaborations will be improve the product for millions of people all over the world and also influence Quora's strategic direction.
* Design and execute research for the most impact across the product development cycle. Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners including Product Management, Design, Data, and Engineering
* Generate research insights to help product teams make confident decisions, and build empathy and intuition for our users
* Communicate findings and understanding about users to working teams and share broadly throughout the company
* Collaborate with Data Science to present complementary qualitative and quantitative sides of the picture
* Develop training, best practices, and consulting processes to enable Product Managers, Designers, or anyone at Quora to do quality tactical research
* Investigate and experiment with new research tools and methods. Innovate how we do research
* 5+ years of industry experience in User Research practiced in a product development environment with cross-functional teams
* Degree in: HCI, cognitive science, psychology, anthropology, sociology, or other related domain
* Strong understanding of different research methods and mixed method approaches, ranging from formative to summative, quantitative to qualitative, or generative to evaluative
* Experience with interviewing, survey design, usability studies, prototype testing, concept and language testing
* Working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design
* Passion for Quora's mission and goals
* Experience with field studies, ethnography, participatory design, diary studies, statistical analysis or A/B testing
* Expertise in one or more of the following areas: mobile, social media, user-generated content, online communities
* Experience mentoring, managing or training others in research method and practice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.