Our mission is to grow and share the world's knowledge.
Product Designer - Ads and Business Platform
$150k – $200k • No equity
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
We're creating a repository for all human knowledge. (blog.quora.com/Our-Mission) To do this, we need to design systems that make sharing knowledge rewarding and discovering it easy; and that scale to support the participation of the entire planet. Designing a global ecosystem for knowledge sharing, and the platform for businesses to reach this audience, requires a multidisciplinary approach. We're building a diverse team with people of different backgrounds and experiences, empowered to shape strategy while moving quickly and learning as much as possible.
Designers at Quora are building a system to democratize access to all knowledge for the entire world. Our work leverages what we learn about psychological and social dynamics, communities and networks, and systems and policy design, in addition to more typical design skills. We value a diverse team and pursue candor, holism, rigor, care, and awareness in our work.
About the Role:
Quora is the perfect place for businesses or marketers to reach new customers because are are positioned at a moment of intent. We’re seeking a designer who is as excited to engage with our business strategy and goals as building the product to achieve those goals.
In this role you will collaborate closely with sales, marketing, customers, engineers, data scientists, and product managers. Designers at Quora code, this means you build and test what you design with technical competence and rigor.
Common problems you’ll face as a product designer on this team include deciding which customers to focus on or weighing the ROI to build a customer requested feature vs. how to better anticipate their needs vs. building something to get more customers.
* Identify high-impact opportunities, design features in pursuit of goals, and explain the rationale for your decisions.
* Understand the highly technical and data driven environment of performance advertising, generating product insights that contribute to business strategy.
* Streamline and manage UI complexity (complexity reduction is not always the solution), resulting in polished UI design, clear information hierarchy, a holistic feature set.
* Collaborate with research and business marketing experts to understand the creative needs of advertisers large and small, designing scalable solutions with empathy for customer needs (advertisers large and small, content marketers through business accounts)
* Drive work autonomously, demonstrate pragmatism and agility.
* Work quickly and effectively on multiple projects. Ship new features, bug fixes, and small improvements multiple times a week.
* A portfolio demonstrating relevant design capabilities is required. Applications without portfolios will not be reviewed.
* Experience designing complex products in a B2B space resulting in clear, effective interactions that accomplished business goals.
* Ability to build what you design (technical competence in these front-end technologies: HTML, CSS, JS, and React).
* Proven ability to collaborate and empathize with, as well as challenge, business marketing, sales, designers, engineers, and data scientists.
* Demonstrated visual design skill, especially in the construction of visual hierarchies, with attention to detail, typography, spacing, and color.
* Comfort with A/B testing, data analysis frameworks
* Experience writing and documenting proposals
* Experience with server-side languages like Python is a plus
Interns/New Grads: Please find open positions at: quora.com/careers/university
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.