Our mission is to grow and share the world's knowledge.
Software Engineer - Frontend Infrastructure
$135k – $200k • No equity
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
Our small engineering team works on challenging problems every day. We have a culture that's rooted in constantly learning and improving, and our engineers are encouraged to think big and experiment with new ideas. Using continuous deployment, we quickly see our changes in the product and make fast iterations. Our engineers focus on creating polished products and writing high quality code by designing APIs and abstractions that are extensible and maintainable. Everyone on the engineering team has a huge impact on our product and our company.
About the Role:
The frontend platform team is responsible for enabling productivity and innovation of our frontend developers, through building tools and frameworks and advocation of front end best practices. This team's projects range from building library of reusable components, frontend debugging tools, client-side logging, and revisiting our underlying frontend framework. We are currently working towards modernizing our frontend technical stack, using React.
As a member of our team, you’ll contribute to Quora in a decisive and rewarding way, empowering frontend developers to do their best work and seeing the results of your work both internally and externally.
* Proactively identify improvements to our front-end frameworks and development processes, then drive the implementation of fast, elegant solutions.
* Partner with front-end developers on product teams, to understand their needs and develop tools to increase productivity across product development.
* Be an advocate on frontend best practices and adoption of new technologies.
* 4+ years of experience working with large scale codebases and systems, particularly web applications and frontend systems.
* 4+ years of experience building APIs that are used by large teams.
* Deep knowledge of web technologies, e.g. HTML, CSS, web APIs. Experience with LESS, SASS, GraphQL is a plus.
* Passion for code quality and designing elegant systems.
* Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
* Experience contributing to large open source projects is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.