Our software is designed to make your storage management much, much easier
Senior Software Test Engineer
About the position:
At Qumulo, we build modern, highly scalable file storage systems that run in both data centers and the public cloud. We help our customers cure cancer, create visual effects for hit movies and TV shows, and discover new energy reserves. We are looking to grow our team of software test engineers who are focused on production testing, acting as our “first customers” to provide valuable feedback on the end-to-end usability of the product and working with our feature teams to ensure that we always provide a delightful experience for our customers.
As a software test engineer, you will monitor and enhance the automated testing systems to ensure our high quality bar is maintained with each release. You will also collaborate with software engineers and product managers to ensure we deliver a complete experience to our customers.
We are looking for someone with strong customer empathy and is able to turn that empathy into constructive feedback during the feature design process and high quality automated tests to ensure that a delightful customer experience is maintained at all times. Our ideal candidate would be a curious and creative user of our product with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding in a higher level language, such as Python, experience building test automation systems, solid communication skills and a desire to help increase the maturity of our product.
About the Company:
Qumulo is a Seattle based data storage company. We are building solutions that will permanently change the enterprise storage marketplace, improving quality and increasing service standards. We are dedicated to building not only a fast, reliable product, but providing customers with a seamless user experience and unprecedented visibility on their data.
- Develop end-to-end scenario tests that run within a continuous integration test system
- Enhance the test automation system to support new testing capabilities
- Collaborate as a member of an Agile feature team to influence testable designs that provide an excellent experience for our customers
- Review feature team unit, integration and end-to-end test plans for completeness
- Advocate for seamless customer experiences across all areas of the Qumulo products
- 8+ years of experience contributing to test automation and frameworks
- Strong knowledge of higher level language, such as Python
- Experience building test automation for similar products
- Familiarity with continuous integration test tools
- Strong understanding of the Linux operating system, file I/O, networking, concurrency and multithreading
- Strong understanding and experience working with REST APIs
- Experience with PostgreSQL or MySQL databases
- Motivated, professional and team oriented
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background screening
Qumulo at a glance
Qumulo focuses on Enterprise Software, Storage, and Big Data. Their company has offices in Seattle. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Qumulo has raised $222.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.