Our software is designed to make your storage management much, much easier
Technical Program Manager - Operations
About the position
Qumulo’s Product Operations team is in need of a Technical Program Manager (TPM) who can help scale the rapid growth of our business across several geographies. Alongside supporting activities with respect to NPI, Sustaining, and Hardware Quality, the TPM will also be instrumental in developing and on-boarding new/existing vendors, OEMs onto the Channel Program Initiative. The ideal candidate is someone who is analytical and has a natural ability to balance multiple projects and work within a high-growth and constantly evolving environment.
About the Company
Qumulo is the leading file data platform for multi cloud environments, providing unrivaled freedom, control, and real-time visibility for file data at massive scale. Fortune 500 companies, major film studios, and the largest research facilities in the world trust Qumulo to help them innovate with their mission-critical digital files. The Qumulo experience makes file data management simple with continuous new features, a single solution for all workloads, and access to customer success experts on your schedule.
At Qumulo we are building an open and collaborative culture where people can do their best work with customers as our magnetic field. We act as owners, we share by default, we are data driven and experimental and as an inclusive workplace, we welcome and celebrate multiple points of view. As part of our culture we believe diversity drives innovation.
- Lead all Quality initiatives at contract manufacturers for first party Qumulo Hardware
- Complete ownership around Out of Box Quality for Qumulo first party Hardware
- Lead all TCE engagements with cross functional teams. This could include but not limited to, reporting issues with respect to MWD (Missing/Wrong/Damaged) and DOA (Dead on Arrival) and working on root-cause/corrective-actions in a timely manner
- Complete ownership around Regulatory and Compliance efforts for Qumulo Hardware
- Lead cross-functional Product Operations teams to support critical product development builds and ramp phases (PVT, MP) while meeting key OKRs set for quality, cost and inventory
- Establish key Phase-Gate Deliverables and develop schedules while navigating through changing priorities in a hyper growth environment
- Represent Operations in all internal and external retro’s to help improve processes impacting new product launches
- Manage Product Life Cycle Management (Concept Commit through End of Life) of key components such as drives, network interface cards and chassis
- Interface with internal Business Development and Channel Programs teams to onboard new OEM white box solutions
- Work with internal teams to drive solutions that help improve hardware margins
- Manage Operations budget for NPI and Sustaining Engineering activities
- Assist in vendor-contract write-up, review and approval process
- 7+years of technical project management experience working on Enterprise Systems preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Proven experience managing and tracking multiple projects in a highly engaged employee environment
- Experience working in an Enterprise Storage or a Networking Hardware environment is preferred
- Experience working with Global Distribution Companies such as Avnet, Ingram, Arrow, Synnex is a plus
- BA or Bachelors of Science degree required
- Lean/Sigma green belt certification helpful
- PMP certification with accompanying experience is a plus
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background screening
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Qumulo at a glance
Qumulo focuses on Enterprise Software, Storage, and Big Data. Their company has offices in Seattle. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Qumulo has raised $222.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.