Our software is designed to make your storage management much, much easier
Senior Data Analyst
About the Company
Qumulo is the leading file data platform for multi cloud environments, providing unrivaled freedom, control, and real-time visibility for file data at massive scale. Fortune 500 companies, major film studios, and the largest research facilities in the world trust Qumulo to help them innovate with their mission-critical digital files. The Qumulo experience makes file data management simple with continuous new features, a single solution for all workloads, and access to customer success experts on your schedule.
At Qumulo we are building an open and collaborative culture where people can do their best work with customers as our magnetic field. We act as owners, we share by default, we are data driven and experimental and as an inclusive workplace, we welcome and celebrate multiple points of view. As part of our culture we believe diversity drives innovation.
What you will do
We are looking for a sharp, highly-motivated Senior Data Analyst to join our team. If you have a natural curiosity, the technical skill to apply that curiosity in investigating large data sets, and an ability to tell a story with data and visualization, we want to hear from you!
As a senior member of the analytics team, you will have a strong track record of combining advanced analytics skills & data storytelling with exceptional business and entrepreneurial acumen. An ownership mindset with a strong willingness to take on new challenges with enthusiasm. Strong ability to create, prove and execute new initiatives across departments within the company. Please apply only if you have an urgent desire to proactively drive business and not just respond to it.
Key Responsibilities and Skills
- A focus on turning data into insights and insights into action
- Mindset: The candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset being willing to be accountable for the business’s performance, he will have exceptional attention to detail, have an ability to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines, have creative and innovative problem solving skills, be self-motivated and proactive, and demonstrate calmness during times of uncertainty and stress.
- Experience working in a fast paced and startup like environment where agility is expected
- Analytical Skills: A candidate for this position must demonstrate a deep interest in research and data analysis, drawing actionable insights from raw data and information to help further the business’s cause. The candidate will be skilled in statistical and econometric modeling, performing quantitative analysis, and technological data mining and analysis techniques.
- People Skills: The Senior Data Analyst plays a very interactive role and to effectively execute his duties he must have a natural ability to get along with people and establish strong and meaningful relationships with others. This will guarantee collaborative personnel, departmental heads/management, and key stakeholders gain trust in his abilities and that junior data analyst personnel readily follow in his directives and trust in his judgments and insights.
- Communication skills for the Senior Data Analyst are a must have and this is both in written and verbal form. The Senior Data Analyst will need excellent communication in collaborating with any junior Data Analysts and any other data team members, which will be a significant factor due to the high collaborative nature of the position as well as the supporting role that he/she plays with departmental heads and management. The Senior Data Analyst will also be required to draw reports for the departmental heads, management, and key stakeholders. These reports have to be clear, succinct, convincing, informative, engaging, unambiguous, and uniquely tailored to suit different audiences.
- Business Process & Data Quality: A passion for business process, a key understanding in how processes work across an entire organization, and a focus on aiding the company in driving solid business processes which in turn drives good data quality. One of the key owners of the data dictionary
- Project Management: The ability to self manage a large number of projects. Proactive with keeping our project management system up to date along with the other team members.
- Data Storytelling: One of the most important skill sets for this role. The ability to take a large amount of information and distill it into the most important pieces that help guide varying stakeholders on a journey to engage with and understand what the data is indicating.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in an Analyst role (ie Business, Financial, Data)
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with Tableau
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with SQL and/or Alteryx
- Exceptional at using Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Economics, Information Systems, Statistics, Applied Math, Finance, Accounting, or any other related field. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable for this position.
- Working in finance and accounting is a plus
- Experience working in a SaaS (Software as a Service) company
- Experience building budgeting, pricing, and financial models
- Experience working with data in Sales, Marketing, CS, Product, and Finance
- Experience working with technology systems like Salesforce, Marketo, and Netsuite
- Experience working with large, complex data sets
- Experience in statistics and building models
- Experience in Python and R
- Experience with the AWS or Azure eco system
- Tableau Certifications
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Qumulo at a glance
Qumulo focuses on Enterprise Software, Storage, and Big Data. Their company has offices in Seattle. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Qumulo has raised $222.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.