Free Writing Tools for K-12 Students
Quill.org Outreach and Operations Support Representative | Fall 2020$0k – $35k
Interested in joining a mission-driven nonprofit that provides accessible, high-quality writing instruction to k-12 students? Quill.org is looking for an energetic, motivated, and outgoing individual interested in working with teachers throughout the fall of 2020.
At Quill, we help K-12 students improve their writing skills through a free online learning platform. Our small team of only 21 full-time staff members currently works with a network of almost 3 million students and 60 million teachers across 20 thousand schools. Unlike common multiple-choice-based learning tools, our groundbreaking AI tools allow students to practice writing at the sentence level and provide students with meaningful, real-time feedback. We then provide teachers with in-depth data reports that save them thousands of hours otherwise spent on grading and aids them in identifying their students' areas of need. While our tools are available online, we also have a dedicated team of Instructional Coaches that work with teachers across the country on strengthening pedagogical practices and writing instructional approaches.
Here are some facts about our rapidly growing company:
- In 2019, we won a grant from Google’s AI for Social Good initiative
- In 2018, We were named one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Education Companies.
- Some of our other funders include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, AT&T, NBC Project Innovation, and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
The Quill.org Outreach and Operations Intern will work with the Partnerships Team to support and manage our vast network of teachers and schools, as well as work with departmental leaders on projects related to office management, team culture building, and day-to-day sales operations.
Your primary role is helping teachers. Every day, you will answer teacher questions via an online messaging service and on the phone, and you will create digital resources to aid teachers with their Quill use. In working with the Partnerships Team, You will support our instructional coaches and team representatives at professional development sessions and conferences. You will also work alongside our Director of School Partnerships to acquire and maintain premium partnerships with paid schools and districts, to whom we offer additional support and resources.
- (80 % of your time) Answering day-to-day questions from teachers and students and creating support materials as needed
- (10% of your time) Working with Quill.org's Director of School Partnerships on sales operations projects like invoice processing and lead prospecting (researching to help find high-priority districts and compile contact lists)
- (5% of your time) Working with Quill's instructional coaches and partnerships team representatives at professional development sessions and conferences.
- (5% of your time) Collecting feedback from longer-term Quill users and assisting new teachers with onboarding inquiries to improve their Quill experience
This internship is on-site at our office in the heart of Union Square in Manhattan, New York, New York. It requires 15-40 hours per week over the fall semester (8-12 weeks), and course credit may be available if your school permits. To apply, please send a resume, a brief cover letter, and 2 writing samples to email@example.com.
Quill.org is an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
Quill.org at a glance
Quill.org focuses on Education, Language Learning, Natural Language Processing, K-12 Education, and Education Technology. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.