Open source time-series database
Head of developer relations$90k – $160k • 0.4% – 1.0%
Helping developers solve their problems is at the center of what we do. Your role will consist of engaging with the user base and orchestrating the growth of our open source communities.
This is an open-ended role with a substantial degree of autonomy. You will have full liberty to develop outreach channels such as promoting content to spur adoption, planning events, marketing, PR and social media initiatives, as well as any additional direction you will deem relevant.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Understand and track developers needs: Create feedback loops with the developer community to inform product roadmap. Be the first point of contact for developers requests and questions.
• Manage and engage the community: Build engagement developers' social channels and grow our Slack community. Manage outreach to developers both online (moderate day-to-day community activity in the discussion forums) and offline via conferences, events, workshops, etc.
• Create content: Work with the CTO, the CPO and the product team to create technical articles and blog posts for developers.
• Identify strategic partnership opportunities to grow our developer community.
• 3+ years of experience in community development
• Passionate about open source and the developer community
• Database and Java knowledge preferred
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Marketing experience is a plus
• Relationships in prominent Open Source communities is a plus
• Familiarity with developer tools
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Analytical mindset
QuestDB at a glance
QuestDB focuses on Cloud Computing, Big Data, Databases, and Internet of Things. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and London. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.