Powering the healthcare market with validated doctor data
Quest Analytics is one of the fastest growing companies n the Healthcare software space in the US. Healthcare providers and insurance companies rely on our software. We do the important work of providing access to healthcare for all Americans!
We are growing and looking for a Data Scientist to join our team in either Overland Park, KS or on a remote basis. This Data Scientist will provide support to the team that is responsible for managing and mastering the healthcare provider data used to measure the accuracy, adequacy, and accessibility of health plan networks. The right candidate will help Quest discover high value insights and information hidden in vast, complex data that can be applied to solving business problems and building better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
In this role you will:
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Evaluate existing algorithms using various technique such as intrusion detection
- Develop metrics for evaluating internal and external data sources
What we are looking for:
- Master’s degree in data science
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a data science position required
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, regression, classification, natural language processing, association rule learning, intrusion detection models, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced Python (knowledge of data frames)
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Spark and Scala
- Intermediate SQL
- Great communication skills
- Good applied statistics skills, such as statistical testing, distribution estimation, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
- Experience with healthcare data a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills
Quest Analytics at a glance
Quest Analytics focuses on SaaS, Healthcare, Health Care Information Technology, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in Kansas City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Quest Analytics has raised $24.125M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.