Powering the healthcare market with validated doctor data
Data Operations Analyst, Sr.
Quest Analytics is one of the fastest growing SAAS healthcare employers in the Healthcare software space in the US. Healthcare providers and insurance companies rely on our software to help them audit their networks to comply with federal regulations. We’re the industry-leading healthcare network management partner. That’s why more than 400 of America’s health plans and healthcare organizations, as well as more than 500,000 providers, nationwide trust our enterprise services to provide consumers with convenient access to an adequate network of doctors and hospitals and an up-to-date, accurate directory of providers.
We are searching for a Senior Data Operations Analyst to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring and reviewing existing data processing solutions. You will act as a bridge between the production support, consulting, and the development teams defining, analyzing, and documenting defects then leveraging them to drive the technical resolution. The Senior Data Analyst will design and build internal data processing solutions and scalable data auditing solutions for external data processing systems. In this role, you will gain a depth and breadth of business and systems understanding across the entire systems portfolio including, cloud architecture, SQL Azure, database optimization, and healthcare network adequacy analysis.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Build recommendations by synthesizing data from multiple sources, developing assumptions where needed, to drive business insights and strategy development
- Provides analytic support and strategic thought partnership to consulting and development teams
- Monitor and review existing processes for data inaccuracies and works with key stakeholders to resolve discrepancies
- Rebuild existing data pipelines to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Identifies opportunities for increasing business efficiency through improved manual and automated process systems
- Conduct root-cause analysis of defects, identify key and recurring problems, and provide solutions to prevent recurrence
- Develop and build new processes for delivery of key data points to internal consultants and external client applications
- Perform ad hoc querying against production data stores to drive key business decisions
- Participate in reviews of architecture, design, and quality assurance work products to identify conflicts and ensure consistent implementation of business and functional requirements
- Develop and deliver summarized findings of problems to management to recommend proposed actions
- Create and execute test plans, perform functional and integration tests, develop testing scripts, and guide others in testing. Track issues and coordinate retesting
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases, data warehousing, and data modeling with SQL Server or equivalent
- Strong level understanding of database performance tuning processes and best practices
- Expert level experience with building complex queries, triggers, functions, and stored procedures in a production environment using SSMS, Toad, or similar data analysis tools
- Solid understanding of core data management principles, including data stewardship, data quality, metadata management, master data management and data lineage
- Experience with SSIS or other ETL solutions and reporting tools such as SSRS or Power BI
- Application development using .Net and C# considered a plus
- Experience with No-SQL products (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc..) preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of both traditional and the latest cloud-based or hybrid database architecture
- Experience working on support teams where issue resolution timing is critical
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to easily identify changing priorities
- Outstanding communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- An ability to work in a team environment; provide constructive alternatives/approaches to solving issues; be flexible; have a strong sense of urgency for critical tasks; and must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while effectively managing schedule and communicating process
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship
Quest Analytics at a glance
Quest Analytics focuses on SaaS, Healthcare, Health Care Information Technology, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in Kansas City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Quest Analytics has raised $24.125M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.