Improves the lives of people with mental health conditions through technology & services
Chief Growth Officer
Quartet is a platform that makes it easier for people to get the best mental health care for them. Our technology and services reach people who need care, connect them to the right care, track the quality of their care, and support their care journeys. Backed by $160.5MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, Deerfield Management, Centene Corporation, and Echo Health Ventures,
About the team & Opportunity: The Chief Growth Officer (CGO) is accountable for securing partnerships with large enterprise customers and driving Quartet’s Business Development team to deliver results across new customer acquisition. This person will be responsible for defining Quartet’s commercial strategy, prioritization of clients, and working in conjunction with Quartet leadership to innovate solutions to better serve our customers. The CGO will partner across Quartet as part of the Leadership Team and to ensure the voice of the customer and market readiness are considered in operational execution, upselling opportunities, product enhancements, and marketing campaigns. They must also be highly analytical and capable of creating accountability driven compensation incentives, novel pricing models, capabilities for reporting outcomes to our partners, and a crystal clear value proposition for prospects. Additionally, our CGO, in partnership with the CEO, will set the strategic direction of the company, driving and partnering together, as we solidify our place in the market as a goto solution for our stakeholders, MHPs, health plans and patients as we elevate and redefine the next wave of our platform and services, Quartet.
- Develop and drive large, enterprise, deal campaigns with prospective clients including initial relationship development, business case building, deal negotiation, and closing
- Leverage data, healthcare knowledge, and relationships within the industry to secure major customer partnerships
- Maximize revenue opportunities through consultative selling
- Drive strategy, decision making, revenue, and pipeline accountability through data
- Manage, coach, and inspire a capable team to achieve tremendous results around revenue growth
- Mentor team to appropriately represent Quartet to external C-level stakeholders
- Architect a clear narrative around value delivery to the customer, the Quartet platform, and the importance of our mission
- Develop pricing models that satisfy prospective customers while enabling Quartet to share in the value we create
- Explore new revenue streams and identify opportunities for Quartet to diversify our offering and customer base
- Collaborate internally working across nearly every team at Quartet to ensure we’re putting the right resources from Quartet forward at the right time, inspiring confidence in our prospective customers and appropriately planning large-scale partnerships
- 10-15+ years relative experience of which 5-10 years should be carrying team revenue quotas and leading people
- Experience selling in Healthcare or selling Healthcare Technology solutions to CxO level stakeholders
- Consultative technology sales experience with demonstrated ability to innovate, and cross-functionally collaborate to maximize revenue opportunities
- Business degree or MBA
- Background scaling companies from mid-stage to $50-100M+ ARR using collaborative sales approach and winning as a team
- Experience in senior stakeholder management
- Deal pipeline management using Salesforce
- Data-driven approach to sales management to drive deals to close
- Experience on a Leadership Team contributing to company strategy and collaborating cross-functionally
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, team events, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental and military leave, commuter benefits, 401K, and stock option grants.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team. Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet. Please note: Quartet interview requests and job offers only originate from [quartethealth.com*](http://quartethealth.com/) email addresses (e.g. [email@example.com](http://undefined/)). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: [firstname.lastname@example.org](http://undefined/).* Have someone to refer?Email [email@example.com*](http://mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org/) to submit their details to us.*
Mental health benefits
Generous family leave
Catered lunches + snacks galore!
Team outings and events
Quartet Health at a glance
Quartet Health focuses on Enterprise Software, Healthcare, Information Technology, Health Care Information Technology, and Personal Health. Their company has offices in New York and Remote. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Quartet Health has raised $159.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.