We build room temperature quantum computers, powered by diamond
Software Engineer$45k – $70k • No equity
***Do you enjoy solving challenging and unique problems? This is an opportunity to join a highly innovative team and help pioneer one of the defining technologies of the coming century.
Quantum Brilliance is a world leader in building commercially viable quantum computers, operating at room temperature and powered by diamond. Our vision is to provide ubiquitous quantum computing: from data centres to hospitals, from autonomous vehicles to remote facilities.
We are looking for people to work closely with our co-founders, and alongside industry leaders, to help us take quantum computing out of the lab. As a Software Engineer, you will receive on-the-job training and an abundance of learning opportunities whilst helping to build our quantum software stack.
About the role
In this role, you will play an integral part in building Quantum Brilliance’s software stack, and will also collaborate closely with Quantum Brilliance customers. The role includes:
• Working closely with the founders and quantum hardware team
• Designing, building, testing and documenting software modules from scratch, predominantly in Python but also C++
• Integrating existing open-source solutions to the quantum software stack
• Working with customers, such as leading HPC centres in Australia and internationally, to integrate quantum computing into their systems
Prior experience with quantum computing or quantum physics is helpful, but not required. We'll work with you to build and expand your knowledge.
Essential skills and experience:
• Excellence in Linux systems, Python and C++
• Strong linear algebra skills
• Ability to independently define and solve problems
• Ability to set priorities to accomplish multiple tasks within deadlines, and adapt to rapidly changing needs
• Comfortable working in a team and communicating ideas that can be understood by others
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or a related technical field
Skills and experience that will help you excel:
• Master’s degree or PhD in relevant discipline
• 3+ years' experience in commercial software development role
• Experience contributing to all aspects of the software lifecycle
• Deep understanding of HPC systems and architecture
• Experience using HPC systems
• Expertise in ML/AI
• Knowledge in quantum computing
• Working knowledge of leading industrial quantum computing APIs
• Experience working closely with scientists and researchers
• Practical knowledge of agile software development methods
Quantum Brilliance at a glance
Quantum Brilliance focuses on Hardware, Enterprise Software, Semiconductors, Deep Information Technology, and Enterprise Hardware. Their company has offices in Melbourne, Sydney, and Canberra. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://quantumbrilliance.com/