It’s time to focus on what matters: growth
Senior Software Engineer, Real-time Bidding Platforms
At Quantcast, we use technology to help brands and publishers understand, reach and influence the constantly-changing behaviors of consumers. The Real-time Bidding Platform owns and operates the large scale distributed stack which allocates millions of dollars of advertising budget to billions of bid opportunities streaming into the system. If you’re interested in working on these critical, fast, large scale distributed systems then we’d like to meet.
Working side-by-side with engineers and modeling scientists you will build and operate intelligent bidding, optimization, prediction and control systems that power different parts of this stack. You’ll lead projects to optimize the throughout of the stack while reducing costs and growing advertising performance. You’ll drive design and implementation of new products for clients that’ll involve multiple teams and services.
- Scaling our bidding systems to process millions of requests per second
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Improving development, testing, monitoring and operational tools and processes
- Managing cloud based infrastructure for bidding systems
- Talking to customers and users, discovering their requirements and helping plan for building their next feature requirements
- Profiling and optimizing bidding machines at the JVM, Kernel, network and CPU levels
- Setting up and running experiments to improve stability and bidding performance across the stack
- 4+ years experience developing and working on distributed software systems
- Experience delivering improvements in scale, runtime, cost, features or reliability under little supervision
- Excellent skills in distributed system and software design, concurrent algorithms, data structures and software engineering
- Hands-on experience with Java or a similar language
- Degree in a topic related to Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Quantcast is an audience intelligence and measurement company headquartered in San Francisco. Combining machine learning, a privacy-by-design approach, and live data drawn from more than 100 million online destinations, Quantcast provides software, information and advertising services for marketers, publishers and advertising agencies worldwide. Founded in 2006, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Health & wellness
Quantcast at a glance
Quantcast focuses on Internet, Advertising, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Milan, and Dublin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Quantcast has raised $53.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2010.