A personalized approach to healthy living by connecting you with a certified health coach
iOS Engineer$80k – $150k • 0.5% – 2.0%
At its core, Qualitative Health is a mission-driven Product and Engineering company. We empower our Engineering team to make decisions that support the vision of helping our members live healthier lives. We subscribe to thoughtful Engineering practices and believe in building pragmatically. We actively support your career growth through a culture of constant learning and strive to create a team that prioritizes cross-functional collaboration, transparency, and empathy.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and passionate iOS Engineer with Swift experience to lead development and execute across a fast-paced, mission-driven company.
Who you are:
• Enthusiastic and experienced Engineer who values collaboration, empathy, and transparency
• Our codebase is written entirely in Swift with modern design patterns and coding standards. You are comfortable building applications using popular frameworks and libraries with minimal guidance.
• Our software helps people reach their health goals, and we take tremendous pride in our work. We expect you to adhere to Engineering best practices, make thoughtful architecture decisions, and support a tight feedback loop through rapid releases.
• You lean on the open source community and value the importance of giving back through OSS contributions, blog posts, or talks
What you'll do:
• Work side by side with our CTO to contribute to technical requirements and build impactful features for our members by leading development of our iOS app
• Work closely with our product team to provide requirements feedback early in the product lifecycle
• Implement pixel perfect designs with compelling animations
• Improve our codebase through continuous refactoring
• Collaborate with Backend to implement and extend our APIs
What we’re looking for:
• 3+ years of experience building iOS applications
• Demonstrated skill in delivering high-quality code
• Experience working with Designers and Product Managers
• Experience working in an agile environment (standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.)
• Expert Swift knowledge
• Python experience
• Contributions to the open source community
Who we are:
Qualitative Health is a program that takes a personalized, sustainable approach to healthy living by connecting members with a certified health coach who incorporates activities and habits into their busy lives across nutrition, fitness, and sleep.
Building a company from the ground up is a chance to do things differently. We have the opportunity to create a culture that prioritizes health and empathy. We believe in creating a transparent, inclusive, and mission-driven company with a focus on building great products that empower people to make intelligent decisions. We want to build a company that everyone wants to work for, starting with ourselves.
Health and Wellness Perks
• High-Quality Food: Healthy snacks, daily lunch, and dinner if you’re working late.
• Flexible Hours: We trust you to get your work done. We accommodate night owls and early birds through 11 am - 4 pm shared in-person hours and a flexible WFH policy.
• Unlimited Vacation: Minimum 2 weeks per year with at least 5 days in a row. Part of being healthy is taking time off to relax and recharge.
• Health, Dental & Wellness: Full Medical and Dental Insurance coverage plus a Wellness stipend to support healthy habits.
• Choice of Workstation: We spend a lot of time with our technology; make sure it's the ideal setup for you.
• Offsites & Team Building: We believe in building an empathetic, inclusive, and mission-driven culture. Offsites allow all of us to come together and get on the same page so we can move forward together while also having a great time.
• Great Swag: Jackets, shirts, backpacks, water bottles and hoodies so good your friends will want to join.
Qualitative Health is an equal opportunity employer; in keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on gender, sexual orientation, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, marital domestic partner status, physical ability, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our company culture. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Qualitative Health.