Hospitality payment platform that gives users unlimited free Uber rides
Senior Backend Software Engineer (Node.js)$80k – $130k • 0.1% – 1.0%
Our TV/Hulu commercial: vimeo.com/261643848
Our explainer video: vimeo.com/334793619
JOIN US IN BUILDING SOMETHING GREAT.
Hi, we’re Qorum, your free designated driver. We’re a small team of socially-conscious, serial entrepreneurs with a few successful exits under our belts. Our new company, Qorum, is backed by strategic investors across multiple industries and partners from top seed-stage venture capital funds whom all wish to make drunk driving a thing of the past.
Even though we haven’t launched quite yet, we’ve already established partnerships with Uber and several major alcohol brands to provide unlimited free Uber rides to anybody who wants or needs them.
How is this possible, you ask? Every year, alcohol brands are required to spend tens of millions of dollars on mandated “Drink Responsibly” campaigns. A lot of that money gets wasted on things like TV commercials and billboards that say “Don’t drink and drive.”. We all know those don’t work. Yet, they continue to exist.
With Qorum, alcohol brands can sponsor over 30,000 safe Uber rides per month for less than the cost of a single billboard. This way alcohol brands can put that “Drink Responsibly” money to better use to get people home (or on to their next destination) safely.
But Qorum is far more than just free Uber rides. Part local bar guide, part payments solution, our team has spent over 50,000 coding hours building a multiple-patents-pending technology platform that integrates with all major hospitality point of sale (POS) systems. With Qorum, you just walk in and out to open and close bar tabs. No more forgotten credit cards. Did we mention every drink ordered through the app is 15% off?
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
We’re seeking the right people to join a scrappy, entrepreneurial team of “doers” in a role that is developmental, challenging, and personally fulfilling. This means that people might take on challenges they may not feel ready for, but have the full support of their team to try, fail, learn, and try again. This makes development a core part of working at Qorum and not just something we think about come time for performance reviews.
We are seeking to hire a Senior Backend Engineer with strong AWS, Postgres, and backend development experience to oversee our Production environment. This position includes developing high-performance and scalable projects, performance tuning our existing stack, managing our cloud infrastructure, scale our existing environment and help with backend development (NodeJS).
This is a contractor position for North American-based candidates. We have offices in Los Angeles and Irvine. Remote work is ok.
The technical scope of the project is broad and leverages a variety of cutting-edge commercial and open source tools to get the job done. The ideal candidate has a broad range of engineering, database and cloud hosting experience as well as a desire to learn new technologies.
● BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
● 5+ years in backend software development experience with Node.js or equivalent experience in another programming language
● Working knowledge of AWS best practices including Elastic Beanstalk, RDS/Postgres, S3, EC2
● Experience with application architecture and REST API design
● You have worked in a fast-paced environment
● Knowledge of best practices for backend development and scalable applications
● Experiencing designing and implementing microservices
● You can ensure service scalability through effective code and data storage design
Nice to Have’s, but not expected
● Past experience in early-stage startup
● Knowledge of hospitality technology and POS systems
WHY THIS ROLE IS COOL:
● Work with a small, VC-backed team that has learned the value of teamwork, out of the box thinking, and effective communication to steer startups to successful exits across multiple industries.
● Be at the front lines of launching a disruptive technology
● Unlimited opportunity for growth, development, and advancement
● Opportunity to work remotely and on a flexible schedule
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US:
● An opportunity to work with a true start-up environment – No rules, no bureaucracy and the opportunity to make a real impact on a business that is continuously evolving
● Meaningful work aimed at tackling motor vehicle accidents, the leading cause of death for people under 35
● The ability to witness and be a part of a team building technology that will change the way you and your friends go out every night
● Camaraderie and unparalleled opportunities to be part of a driven, agile team that is building something truly disruptive
Qorum at a glance
Qorum focuses on Mobile, Hospitality, Mobile Payments, Finance Technology, and Corporate Social Responsibility Management. Their company has offices in California. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://qorum.com