CX automation trusted by the world's leading enterprises
Technical Solution Design Consultant (Conversational AI)$75k – $100k • 0.01% – 0.05%
Location: New York, NY
Department: Implementations (Customer Experience)
Reports to: Director of Implementations
Who we are:
Founded in 2015, Pypestream is conversational AI built for scale. Built to usher the customer-centric enterprise into the digital age with “always-on” automation. No more single-task chatbots, no more embarrassing NPS scores, and no more cobbling together technologies from multiple vendors. We elevate customer experiences with the power of a full-stack platform, military-grade security, native NLU capabilities, and the only patented B2C messaging carrier purpose-built to handle any volume.
Why you should join:
- We are a growing team of delivery experts, designers, engineers and data scientists focused on creating a communication platform allowing for intimate yet scalable conversations.
- We have a close-knit, high-performing Customer Success team that works collaboratively with the Customer Experience (Product Implementation) and Product teams to ensure the success of all our customers.
- We’re passionate about solving our customer’s most complex problems through intelligent conversational design and advanced automation integration.
- You’ll be given the freedom to develop new processes and bring fresh ideas to the table, while receiving the support and guidance from an experienced management team.
What we’re looking for:
Someone who is a self-starter with a knack for taking a solution from concept to reality. Solution Designers are the most critical role within the Customer Experience team, responsible for understanding a customer’s existing processes and transforming them into rich, engaging, and functional conversational solutions. As such, a Solution Designer needs to be inquisitive, have great attention to detail, challenge the status quo, and understand the nuances of end-user behaviors. Most importantly a Solution Designer must have the technical chops to create transactional experiences by leveraging APIs/microservices and working with Integration Developers on the team to build integrations to backend systems.
What you'll do:
- Work on multiple (3-4) customer accounts simultaneously from kickoff to production deployment.
- Design and develop conversational solutions, leveraging rich functionality and NLU capabilities native to Pypestream’s platform, that achieve our customer’s business goals.
- Own the overall solution design process, determining the appropriate integration logic, authentication protocols, and contextual/conditional logic necessary to deliver rich conversational experiences.
- Work closely with both business and IT stakeholders within our customers to understand user experience and integration requirements.
- Document integration requirements and provide to Integration Developers within the Customer Experience team to develop necessary backend systems via REST/SOAP API requests.
- Work with Pypestream’s Product team to review and prioritize customer feature requests, advocating on the customer’s behalf.
- Collaborate with Pypestream’s Engineering team internally to support any custom development work or integrations outside of the Pypestream platform.
- Apply learnings from across Customer implementations and institute best practices for design and integration of individual use cases for our customers.
- Engage in knowledge sharing within the Customer Experience team and contribute to a growing repository of pre-build Starter Packs for our conversational solutions.
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Engineering or Linguistics preferred)
- 2-4 years work experience (enterprise SaaS industry preferred)
- Experience in a customer-facing role (enterprise SaaS industry preferred)
- A curious mind, attention to detail, self-motivated performer
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team to extract best practices and learn on the job
- Professional demeanor and impeccable written / verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with messaging concepts and ability to create an automated, conversational solution leveraging available documentation from customers
- Understanding of (minimum) or hands-on experience working with (preferred) various authentication protocols (e.g., OAuth2, SAML)
- Understanding of (minimum) or hands on experience with (preferred) Natural Language Understanding (NLU) classifiers and concepts
- Exposure to PM / Issues Tracking tools (e.g., Confluence, Jira) and version control software (e.g., GitHub)
What you’ll get:
- A dynamic culture where performance and results are rewarded, coworkers collaborate and support one another, and individuals can contribute beyond their dedicated role
- Competitive compensation including base salary, performance bonuses and options
- Top-tier medical/dental/vision coverage, 401K, self-managed PTO, and a flexible WFH policy (given COVID-19)
- An amazing, open office space with a stocked kitchen, right in Chelsea at the center of Silicon Alley (which we hope to fully utilize again soon!)
Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
Self-managed time off
Catered lunches from time to time
Pypestream at a glance
Pypestream focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Messaging, and Artificial Intelligence. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Pypestream has raised $37M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.