Investor communications for a connected world
Corporate Counsel£80k – £110k • 0.2% – 0.5%
Within the Proxymity team, the general internal counsel will be primarily responsible and the lead for all legal matters relating to the business.
As such this will be a varied and challenging and exciting role for someone with legal expertise, preferably from within the financial services or Technology sector, coupled with strong commercial acumen.
The right candidate will look to ensure the correct balance of protection to the business and its clients whilst staying aligned to the needs of a high growth scale up company designing agile, robust and efficient processes for the legal components of key items such as client on-boarding, contract renewal and product approvals.
The candidate should be equally comfortable facing off to clients, working with the businesses product and technology teams and managing external counsel to ensure maximum value add.
- Actively participate in the negotiation of client service agreements. Act as a commercial partner working with Sales to ensure rapid and smooth execution of new client agreements understanding the criticality of this in the overall sales cycle.
- Actively participate in vendor contract negotiation ensuring the company achieves best possible terms for services procured.
- Work with product as requested to ensure new product designs and features are compatible with legal and contractual considerations.
- Protect the business from legal risks and educate team members as and when necessary.
- Act as compliance officer as required for items such as data privacy requests until such time as a dedicated compliance officer is brought into the business.
- Review and agree NDAs as and when business has a need to enter into confidential discussions
- Analyse new/amended regulations relevant to the business and inform other members of the management team of their implications.
- Seek external guidance and help as and when necessary within the agreed budget for legal expenses.
- Coordinate, support and contextualise legal and regulatory analysis as and when modules of the platform are deployed into new markets or territories.
- Assist in selection and management of external counsel to support the business as and when ready.
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Assist with the ongoing/review of relevant company policies
- Management and involvement in vendor and service renewals.
- Creation and review of POA’s as needed for the successful fulfilment of the service to clients.
Skills and Qualifications
- 7+ years’ experience in a client facing legal role in a business environment
- Experience within either the financial services sector, FinTech or software sector preferable
- Experience with a start-up or scale-up preferred
- Commercially focused
- Leadership skills and self-motivation to define and implement new processes and methods of working.
- Team player – puts own success below the success of the team.
- Excellent client facing manner
- Strategic thinker
- Handles criticism and disagreement constructively.
Proxymity at a glance
Proxymity focuses on Financial Services, Finance Technology, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.proxymity.io