Accurately detecting healthcare workflow anomalies and incidents of non-compliance
Senior DevOps Engineer$115k – $130k
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: https://www.protenus.com/senior-devops-engineer/
As a member of Technical Operations, the Senior DevOps Engineer at Protenus is responsible for the agility, scalability, availability, and security of the Protenus SaaS Platform. Utilizing infrastructure-as-code and CICD principles, the Senior DevOps Engineer designs and implements innovative technical solutions to build, automate, and maintain the continuous integration and deployment of the infrastructure and software solutions. These principles ensure the safety and security of patient data within our data repositories in order to protect one of our most important assets: the trust that exists between our company and our customers.
To learn more about our DevOps team and how we are scaling for the future, check out [this blog post].(https://medium.com/protenus/scaling-infrastructure-for-growth-9f12473046e)
- Tackle challenging issues in the continuous development of the Protenus SaaS platform as we scale it from tens to hundreds of clients while integrating new data flows, developing analytical models and expanding into other product markets. Senior engineers are expected to tackle difficult technical issues, features and changes with minimal oversight.
- Design and improve upon the Protenus Infrastructure through code-based and automated solutions.
- Ensure the excellence of the customer experience, focusing on uptime, security, and maintainability of the infrastructure.
- Assist with the ongoing compliance goals of Protenus through partnerships with the Security and Policy & Procedure teams.
- Mentor other DevOps engineers on technologies, engineering principles, and best practices.
Key Qualifications, Skills, Competencies
- 5+ years operational experience with user-facing production environments
- Several years experience working in commercial cloud environments (AWS experience required)
- Several years experience designing Infrastructure-as-Code frameworks, templating languages, and artifact creation:
- Infrastructure Frameworks: Terraform, CloudFormation
- Artifact Creation: Docker Containers, AWS AMIs, or similar
- Hands-on experience configuring deployment pipelines in CI/CD automation tools like Git, Jenkins, Spinnaker, GitLabCI, AWS CodeCommit/CodeDeploy
- Ability to communicate with clarity and precision. We care about this almost as much as your technical knowledge.
- In-depth knowledge of key AWS services:
- Networking with VPCs, Security Groups, network ACLs, ELB & Route 53
- Compute using ECS with EC2 instances (spot & on-demand), EBS & auto-scaling for high availability.
- Encrypted Data storage via S3, RDS & EBS via KMS managed keys.
- IAM configuration and maintenance
- Strong scripting ability and a love of automation. We’re heavily invested in an Infrastructure-as-Code approach, so you need to be comfortable with developing in Python or Go
- Significant experience with core technical concepts needed for troubleshooting: networking, SSH, SSL, databases, JVMs, etc.
- Comfortable working in an Agile (Kanban or Scrum) workflow with other technical peers and colleagues. A collaborative mindset with a sense of personal ownership for your work is a must.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Container Orchestration in Kubernetes
- System Configuration in Ansible or similar
- Automated testing frameworks
The Protenus healthcare compliance analytics platform uses artificial intelligence to audit every access to patient records for the nation’s leading health systems. Providing healthcare leaders full insight into how health data is being used, and alerting privacy, security and compliance teams to inappropriate activity, Protenus helps our partner hospitals make decisions about how to better protect their data, their patients, and their institutions.
This year, Protenus was named one of the Top Workplaces in Baltimore by The Baltimore Sun, a Best Place to Work by The Baltimore Business Journal, one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare, and received our Great Place to Work certification.
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Protenus is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Join our team to see how you can learn and grow with us.
Protenus at a glance
Protenus focuses on Healthcare, Information Technology, Analytics, Health Care Information Technology, and Big Data. Their company has offices in Baltimore. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Protenus has raised $36.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.