Prose is the 1st personalized haircare, freshly made in NYC
At Prose, we don’t believe in “one-size-fits-most.” We create custom hair care that’s inclusive to all hair types, needs and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person’s hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This role is part of the Customer Service Team, and is an opportunity to join a fast-growing startup with an energetic team working to transform the way people think about and shop for hair care. We’re looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
- Help to cultivate best in class level of customer service by responding to all comments posted across paid & organic social posts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube) and the Prose blog
- Become an expert on our experience, our product, our ingredients, and our customer.
- Troubleshoot customer issues quickly and efficiently, minimizing the number of steps a customer must take to resolve an issue
- Tag & track customer feedback and requests, communicating all urgent customer needs to relevant departments
The Ideal Candidate
- Is passionate about what we do & is excited about connecting with customers, with experience in customer service and/or community management
- Has the ability to learn quickly and to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Possesses stellar problem solving and critical thinking skills; is comfortable working independently
- Has superb attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and impeccable written & verbal communication skills
- Stays calm under pressure and has a positive, can-do, team-focused mentality — there is no task that is too small!
Understand & Embody our Prose Values
- We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
- We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another’s perspective. It’s a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries (and across boroughs) staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
- We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
- We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth making space for new ideas to emerge.
- We assume good intentions in every interaction keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious bienveillance, authenticity and fellowship.
- We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in--for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.
Perks & Benefits
At Prose we value our employees and their well being. As a growing business we aim to stay up to par on the latest perks and benefits for all of our eligible team members. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- A competitive and flexible PTO policy
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Company sponsored health care plan ( medical, dental and vision plans)
- 401k + matching
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits & Electric Bike Sponsorship
- Free lunch in office, weekly and an abundance of office snacks
Work from home policy
Prose at a glance
Prose focuses on E-Commerce, Beauty, Hairsalon, and Mobile Application. Their company has offices in New York City and Paris. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Prose has raised $25M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.