Prose is the 1st personalized haircare, freshly made in NYC
At Prose, we don’t believe in “one-size-fits-most.” We create custom hair care that’s inclusive to all hair types, needs and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person’s hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We’re looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
We’re looking for someone who can be both a strong individual contributor and a people manager to develop our community function from scratch. This role sits on the Customer Service Team, and it is the opportunity to join our fast-growing and energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We’re looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
Customer Service (50%)
- Day to day community management, ensuring timely response to all comments posted across paid & organic social posts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, etc) and the Prose blog.
- Manage key KPIs including ART & response rate
- Help to build best in class customer service experience, including building community team to ensure timely responses
- Update & maintain documentation for community management best practices, including tone of voice guidelines & FAQs
- Manage our social gifting program
Customer Insights & Advocacy (25%)
- Prepare monthly report with social customer insights from the month, stats on outreach, and overall sentiment
- Communicate all urgent customer needs & requests to relevant teams for troubleshooting
- Advocate for social customers' needs during the cross-functional planning process, sharing relevant updates with the broader CX team.
Community Engagement (25%)
- Identify & execute a clear community engagement strategy (both online & offline) to creatively engage customers and create deeper relationships
- Work with Social Media & Brand team to contribute additional community centered content ideas to monthly content & social media lineup
- Collaborate with Brand Team to bring The Pros knowledge & level of expertise to life on social channels in a meaningful way, incorporating the team into Social Media/Content Strategy; developing relevant content when necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- Is passionate about what we do & is excited about connecting with customers, with experience in customer service and/or community management.
- Has the ability to be both an individual contributor & a people manager
- Proven track record working cross functionally on social media projects/initiatives
- Impeccable project management skills, and the ability to see an idea through from inception to execution.
- Is up to date on social media & community trends & has experience implementing new technologies & processes
- Has experience advocating for customer’s needs
- Has the ability to learn quickly and to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Possesses strong problem solving skills; using both data & critical thinking to drive decision making
- Has superb attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and impeccable written & verbal communication skills
- Stays calm under pressure and has a positive, can-do, team-focused mentality — there is no task too small!
Understand & Embody our Prose Values
- We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
- We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another’s perspective. It’s a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries (and across boroughs) staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
- We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
- We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth making space for new ideas to emerge.
- We assume good intentions in every interaction keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious bienveillance, authenticity and fellowship.
- We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in--for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.
Perks & Benefits
At Prose we value our employees and their well being. As a growing business we aim to stay up to par on the latest perks and benefits for all of our eligible team members. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- A competitive and flexible PTO policy
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Company sponsored health care plan ( medical, dental and vision plans)
- 401k + matching, FSA and commuter benefits
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits & Electric Bike Sponsorship
- Free lunch in office, weekly and an abundance of office snacks
Work from home policy
Prose at a glance
Prose focuses on E-Commerce, Beauty, Hairsalon, and Mobile Application. Their company has offices in New York City and Paris. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Prose has raised $25M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.