Prose is the 1st personalized haircare, freshly made in NYC
Customer Service Manager of Part-Time Associates
At Prose, we don’t believe in “one-size-fits-most.” We create custom hair care that’s inclusive to all hair types, needs and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person’s hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We’re looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
- Help to shape Prose’s part-time support team, ensuring the team’s ability to provide a best in class customer experience
- Manage all support team logistics including building & maintaining the part-time schedule, managing PTO, processing payroll
- Participate in recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new part time team members
- Oversee the daily work of up to 10 part-time remote associates, meeting with associates individually & as a group on a regular cadence to share key performance metrics and provide coaching & feedback.
- Develop part-time staff’s KPI reporting to provide effective insight on individual and team performance to the CX management team
- Develop and maintain part time quality assurance program
- Own part-time training process for new associates and identify training opportunities for existing team, including a focus on resource management and dissemination of information
- Maintain part time team morale by advocating for team’s needs and represent part time team’s needs within the CX management team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is passionate about what we do!
- Has 2-3 years of management experience (scheduling experience a plus!) ideally supporting a remote team, and 3-4 years experience in a customer focused role
- Has experience managing projects from start to finish and is able to work both collaboratively and independently when necessary
- Is up to date on current customer service trends
- Possesses strong problem solving skills; using both data & critical thinking to drive decision making
- Has superb attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and impeccable written & verbal communication skills
- Stays calm under pressure and has a positive, can-do, team-focused mentality — there is no task that is too small!
Understand & Embody our Prose Values
- We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
- We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another’s perspective. It’s a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries (and across boroughs) staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
- We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
- We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth making space for new ideas to emerge.
- We assume good intentions in every interaction keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious bienveillance, authenticity and fellowship.
- We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in--for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.
Perks & Benefits
At Prose we value our employees and their well being. As a growing business we aim to stay up to par on the latest perks and benefits for all of our eligible team members. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- A competitive and flexible PTO policy
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Company sponsored health care plan ( medical, dental and vision plans)
- 401k + matching, FSA and commuter benefits
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits & Electric Bike Sponsorship
- Free lunch in office, weekly and an abundance of office snacks
Work from home policy
Prose at a glance
Prose focuses on E-Commerce, Beauty, Hairsalon, and Mobile Application. Their company has offices in New York City and Paris. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Prose has raised $25M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.