Prose is the 1st personalized haircare, freshly made in NYC
Scientific Communication & Raw Materials Manager
At Prose, we don’t believe in “one-size-fits-most.” We create custom hair care that’s inclusive to all hair types, needs and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person’s hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture, and are looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
At Prose, we strongly believe that all customers deserve the perfect transparency when it comes to ingredients and product knowledge. As a certified B-Corp Company, we value clean, ethical and sustainably sourced ingredients, and we aim toward a neutral-carbon impact in all our processes.
We are looking for a Scientific Communication & Raw Materials Manager to manage, secure and valorise our RMs and formulas portfolio. You will report directly to the R&D director and work closely with the R&D team members (9 people), the Innovation team, the Branding team, the Growth team, the Ops team and the Customer Experience team.
- #### Optimise and update our internal ingredients & formulas database
- #### Strengthen collaboration with raw material suppliers to support innovative product development
- #### Work with the Ops team on securing RM portfolio to ensure constant industrial availability of RMs
- #### Ensure constant regulatory compliance of RMs and Formulas.
- #### Build and update a Formulation Charter that reflects our commitments to clean & sustainable beauty
- #### Consolidate scientific knowledge to fuel formulators during product development
- #### Build scientific memos on current ingredients/products and launches to foster knowledge within Prose
- #### Co-build and validate external scientific communication
- Chemistry Degree
- At least 3 years of experience in RM Management and Scientific communication
- Great knowledge of hair science
- Able to conciliate science popularization and scientific accuracy
- Able to work in collaboration with many different teams, such as Supply Chain, Branding, Customer Service as well as external suppliers in French and in English.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and in collaboration with the rest of the team
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross functionally
- We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
- We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another’s perspective. It’s a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries (and across boroughs) staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
- We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
- We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth making space for new ideas to emerge.
- We assume good intentions in every interaction keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious bienveillance, authenticity and fellowship.
- We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in — for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Health insurance (Alan) + tickets restaurants
- Nice and trendy office located at Reaumur Sébastopol
- Electric bike to commute easily to the office
- On-going training and development programs (think annual conferences, training or proficiency allowances)
- Company wide "annual kickoff" offsite (at a location to be disclosed)
- Free lunch weekly and an abundance of office snacks (which may include the occasional croissant, macarons and cheese spread)
Work from home policy
Prose at a glance
Prose focuses on E-Commerce, Beauty, Hairsalon, and Mobile Application. Their company has offices in New York City and Paris. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Prose has raised $25M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.