Prose is the 1st personalized haircare, freshly made in NYC
At Prose, we don’t believe in “one-size-fits-most.” We create custom hair care that’s inclusive to all hair types, needs and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person’s hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We’re looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
The Quality Manager at Prose will drive the delivery of a world-class quality product for our customers, and maintain that quality throughout the lifecycle of each product. As Quality Manager, you will set the direction for Prose’s quality standards throughout the new production introduction, manufacturing, supplier, and returns processes. You will grow and lead a team to develop and execute Prose’s quality standards. This role will report to the Senior Director of Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
- Tune and drive Prose’s Quality roadmap, including refinement of processes spanning from traceability to factory certifications.
- Build and lead Quality team to move Prose’s quality processes to best-in-class level.
- Implement full traceability standards in factory, from incoming raw materials through production, with tracking for all products outbound to customers.
- Review and refine manufacturing quality processes, both in-line and at end-of-line, to assure quality of product.
- Receive and analyze customer feedback to drive meaningful product and process improvements.
- Research and identify certification standards, and analyze the current state to identify areas of improvement, create project plan, and execute to achieve chosen certification.
- Set FPY standards and additional quality KPIs, and develop and distribute regular reporting evaluating all aspects of operational and product quality.
- Drive thought leadership in batch of one quality standard creation, and develop methodology for batch of one formula sampling.
- Create supplier audit procedures and develop supplier quality processes.
- Work cross-functionally throughout operations to ensure warehouse traceability and FIFO process of all raw materials.
- Continually strive to promote Prose mission and values
- 5-8 years relevant work experience in manufacturing and quality environment within cosmetics or pharmaceuticals fields
- Experience in hands-on execution of quality system and system development
- Strong understanding of good manufacturing practices
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy and organization
- Ability to function both independently and as part of a team; must be flexible and excited to grow with the organization
- Strong sense of urgency with excellent problem resolution and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel
- B.S. Degree in chemical or industrial engineering or related discipline
- Black Belt certification, a plus
Understand & Embody our Prose Values
- We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
- We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another’s perspective. It’s a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries (and across boroughs) staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
- We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
- We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth making space for new ideas to emerge.
- We assume good intentions in every interaction keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious bienveillance, authenticity and fellowship.
- We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in--for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.
Perks & Benefits
At Prose we value our employees and their well being. As a growing business we aim to stay up to par on the latest perks and benefits for all of our eligible team members. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- A competitive and flexible PTO policy
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Company sponsored health care plan ( medical, dental and vision plans)
- 401k + matching, FSA and commuter benefits
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits & Electric Bike Sponsorship
- Free lunch in office, weekly and an abundance of office snacks
Work from home policy
Prose at a glance
Prose focuses on E-Commerce, Beauty, Hairsalon, and Mobile Application. Their company has offices in New York City and Paris. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Prose has raised $25M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.