Prose is the 1st personalized haircare, freshly made in NYC
Senior Backend Developer Python
- You will be responsible for designing, building, improving and maintaining our platform, third-party data integration, API & backend systems
- Use external services whenever they make sense — we don’t need to build everything in-house!
- Ship stable, high-quality code to which you are proud to be a contributor (and fix the occasional bugs, we know it happens sometimes :)
- Deliver excellent software through comprehensive peer-reviews, CI, and automated testing
- Stay current on new technologies and continuously improve skills
- Understand and consistently improve our codebase
- Work closely with frontend and UI/UX to design and implement features
- Bring your personal expertise and ideas to help solve problems creatively and effectively
- Explore new technologies to solve problems
- Opportunity to become technical lead and take over responsibility concerning architectural decisions
THE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS THAT YOU'RE BRINGING TO THE TEAM...
- Strong experience with Python, along with common libraries such as Django, Requests, Numpy/Scikit, ...
- Experience building robust Restful APIs
- Strong understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding of front-end technologies
- A knack for writing clean, readable and maintainable code
- Knows SQL outside of Django ORM or SQLAlchemy (even though we encourage using an ORM where appropriate)
- Able to design data schemas that represent and efficiently support business processes
- Eager to implement automated functional and unit tests
- Proficient with Git, a Unix shell, an editor (or IDE) and all others day-to-day developer tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration, Docker, Kubernetes, a PaaS or IaaS platform
- Familiarity with Stripe, Segment.io and/or Keen.io a plus
- Interest in React (JS and/or Native), AsyncIO, Go, ML and technology in general a strong plus
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a well-funded, early founding team that's working on a truly unique product with a massive market opportunity.
Here is what we offer to all our employees:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Meal allowance, aka "Tickets Resto"
- Rockstar health insurance
- Cool offices in the very friendly 10th district of Paris
- At least 1 week a year working remotely from New York, and visiting our US Offices
- Free haircare products!
Meet your team
Work from home policy
Prose at a glance
Prose focuses on E-Commerce, Beauty, Hairsalon, and Mobile Application. Their company has offices in New York City and Paris. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Prose has raised $25M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.