Product Lifecycle Management on Salesforce
Sr Software Engineer, Salesforce
COMPANYPropel is a fast paced, VC backed company. Having raised Series-B funding late last year, we help companies, big and small, get their products to market quicker than ever before, with an intuitive and collaborative interface completely built on the Salesforce Lightning platform. At Propel, we don’t believe in just selling a great product. We also pride ourselves on the team we have behind that product. Everything begins and ends with our mission: To create an innovative software company that helps customers propel world changing products.
TEAMYou will be part of the core Propel engineering team where you will rub shoulders with a group of talented, curious and passionate software engineers. We have problem solvers, out of the box thinkers, and innovation propellers. This is a close-knit team that loves to work together, lend each other a helping hand and solve 1000-piece puzzles during breaks.
ROLEIn this role you’ll address complex problems and come up with elegant solutions that will delight users. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to help create enterprise software that users around the world are excited to use. The ideal candidate is excited to work in a fast-paced environment, building features and products that they can be proud of. You also love to mentor junior engineers and share your knowledge with them. You will own major parts of the codebase and have a direct impact on the product and the growth of the company.
What you get to do in this role:
- Mentor junior engineers around Salesforce and general coding best practices
- Model domain object schema, design and build the backend and front-end
- Design and build APIs for Propel
- Collaborate with other developers, Product Managers and test engineers on requirements, existing code, customer use cases etc.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Passionate developer with an attention for detail whether in code or in user experience
- 3+ years of Salesforce application development
- Proficiency in Apex, SOQL, SOSL, triggers. You know what it means to hit Salesforce governing limits and have built elegant solutions to work around those
- You love good design and well-written code and derive joy from refactoring and abstracting to make complex systems easy to understand
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Practical and relevant use of git, GitHub, Agile development practices
Health & wellness
We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents.
We offer a 401k so you can plan for your future.
Time to recharge
We offer unlimited vacation, 10 paid holidays, and paid parental leave so employees can recharge as needed.
Investing in your future
In addition to competitive pay, we offer an Employee Stock Purchase Program
We offer opportunities for professional growth, internal advancement and movement, and company supported learning.
Inclusive work environment
We value diversity and strive to create an environment where every single person can feel valued, empowered, and connected.
The tech you need
We believe in equipping you in the tools needed for you to do your job well. Stand-up desks, MacBooks and large monitors are standard issue.
Propel at a glance
Propel focuses on Hardware, Medical Devices, Software, and Internet of Things. Their company has offices in San Jose. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Propel has raised $4.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2016.
You can view their website at http://www.propelplm.com