Senior Data Platform Engineer
You are passionate about creating data platforms to enable rapid application development and integration with external customers and 3rd parties. While you have hands-on experience with at least one set of data platform tools, you can rapidly switch gears to choose the right set of tools/tech-stack for the job in hand. To the core, you are a key backend engineer, who has in recent years narrowed the focus towards managing the data aspect of enterprise backend systems. Collaborating with other team members is a large part of your workflow and you are comfortable being flexible in a startup environment because it allows you to learn and grow.
We are a mission-driven startup that is creating change for people impacted by cancer. We’re developing a data-driven decision support platform that supports patients and providers in making the best care choices. We have both the privilege and responsibility to do work we love, with our patients at the heart of every decision we make. We are passionate about achieving our mission and each others’ success.
What You’ll Do:
- Build out Apache Spark ETL data pipelines in Azure Databricks to ingest, transform, enrich, aggregate, and share structured and unstructured clinical data from large medical institutions into a clinical data repository for standardized HIPAA compliant access to customer data.
- Work with Data Scientists to implement, maintain, and prototype statistical, machine learning, and NLP models to enrich datasets.
- Assist Clinical Intelligence to develop and maintain clinical ontologies to define relationships between different entities.
- Ultimately, provide the capability for internal teams to harness data to create and discover meaningful insights resulting in positive outcomes in improved care for patients and decreased provider fatigue.
You will add to the engineering culture by participating in a blameless, psychologically safe, and collaborative environment.
- 5+ years of experience working with streaming/batch processing data pipelines to detect anomalies, enrich data, and build reports; preferably in the healthcare domain.
- 3+ years of experience building backend systems utilizing ORM frameworks to build REST/GraphQL API’s.
- Working experience with data warehouses (Oracle, Snowflake, or Redshift)
- Proficient in SQL programming.
- Fluency in at least two of the following programming languages - Python, Ruby, Elixir, Java, and Scala.
- Able to explain complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences that include, but not limited to data scientists, clinical intelligence, product and implementation managers, and full stack developers.
- Experience in curating, de-duplicating, deindentifying, and/or visualizing data.
- Healthcare integration experience with Epic systems, FHIR, and HL7
Project Rōnin is filling one of the greatest gaps in patient care to date. Our mission is to increase the length and quality of every persons’ life who has been affected by cancer.
This year alone there will be nearly 1.8 million new cancer diagnoses, and the tools oncologists are using haven’t been updated in 20 years. With our platform, communication between patients and their doctors is optimized through an individual care platform that is already having an immediate impact.
Want to learn more?
Avoid the confidence gap. If some of the above describes you, we’d love to chat and see where your skills can add to our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Medical, dental, and vision benefits
Opportunity to make an enormous impact on hundreds of millions of lives, while growing your career
Quarterly learning stipend
A team that is passionate about achieving our mission and each other’s success
Phenomenal location within walking distance to the San Mateo CalTrain
No meeting Tuesday's for Engineering
Project Rōnin at a glance
Project Rōnin focuses on Mobile, Healthcare, Machine Learning, Product Design, and Software. Their company has offices in San Mateo. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Project Rōnin has raised $10M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2018.