Project Canary delivers the world’s first low-cost methane sensor
Lead Software Engineer$135k – $160k
APPLY HERE: https://project-canary.breezy.hr
Project Canary provides continuous, actionable and affordable 24/7 methane and VOC leak monitoring for the oil & gas industry via the world’s first low-cost sensor that can be deployed at scale around each well site to continuously monitor for methane leaks.
We have built and deployed a solar-powered, cellular-connected environmental and meteorological sensor station that is very affordable and is capable of detecting even the smallest leaks from drilling, fracking, and production operations.
You will be tasked with growing and mentoring a team of creative engineers, who will build products that are intuitive, easy to use, and provide a frictionless experience for our users (both internal stakeholders and external partners). Moreover, you’ll use your passion for writing clean, well-tested, and reusable code to build high quality software that will scale efficiently with our continued business growth.
What you’ll add to Project Canary – as an individual and part of the broader team:
• Strong experience building pipelines, ETL processes and designing data storage and aggregation systems
• Experience in IoT, SCADA or time-series data collection and optimization
• Significant expertise in agile development environments including managing small teams with both inhouse and contract resources
• Expertise in database technologies such as PostgreSQL, InFlux, TimeScale or other time series systems, and working with large sets of data
• Design and development experience in cloud-based architectures such as AWS.
• Experience supporting data-science and deep analytical efforts via optimized data system design
• Experience with BI tools such as Plotly, Spotfire, Grafana and others
• Understanding of machine learning and statistical analysis
• Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively explain technical concepts to other engineers, analysts, product managers, and stakeholders.
• A data-driven mindset and ability to use analytics to drive insights relating to prioritization, efficacy of the product
• Comfort with iterating, prototyping, and building new models in uncharted territory
• Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
A day on our collaborative team might look like:
• Working closely with internal and external industry experts to identify development opportunities, set priorities and assign resources
• Reviewing and improving complex systems designed to ingest and process high velocity IOT data and deliver actionable intelligence in real time
• Leading a team of cross functional engineers to complete the following:
• Maintaining and improving cloud based data ingestion and storage systems
• Ensure architecture can scale in a cost effective and performant way in short notice
• Supporting multiple complex data integration efforts both inbound and outbound
• Client facing UX/UI systems to support data visualization and analytics
• Mentoring other engineers on our team – we’ll succeed, learn, and grow together, and sharing your expertise while collaboratively solving complex problems or pair programming
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by:
• Stretching your creative and innovative muscles to solve complex engineering challenges
• Building a software team at the leading edge of Internet-of-Things (IOT) technologies
• Working directly with senior leadership on early deployments to new customers
• Taking on a cross-functional role that will expose you to the ins and outs of Project Canary (working with our Operations, Sales, Customer Success and Field teams)
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
• Building a team of world class engineers that can scale as quickly as our business
• Deliver world class, highly reliable, efficient code that helps Project Canary achieve its mission
• Surpassing our objectives and expectations while demonstrating your passion for our mission - you'll receive ongoing feedback through your 1:1 meetings
• Bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
You’ll join a team:
• From diverse backgrounds – from traditional oil and gas, serial social entrepreneurs, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
• Of passionate & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of reducing methane leaks and solving climate change while building a successful, high-growth company
• Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Project Canary Inc. PBC at a glance
Project Canary Inc. PBC focuses on Oil, Oil and Gas, Environmental Innovation, and Oil & Gas. Their company has offices in Denver. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://projectcanary.com