Simple Process and Workflow Management
Who We Are
Process Street is a SaaS platform that helps companies manage their processes and workflows to make recurring work fun, fast, and faultless. We are a lean, flexible, 100% distributed team that relies on systems to improve output 10X. Process Street is backed by leading investors, including Accel, Salesforce, and Atlassian.
A distributed team means freedom and flexibility: All 40-plus of us work wherever we’d like—reliable internet access is our only requirement. Spread across 9 time zones in 10 countries, we sign into Slack and open up our work tools on the schedule that fits our lives best. We communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take ownership of our work. Distributed work isn’t for everyone, but if it fits your management style, it’s a life-changing benefit.
Camaraderie from afar: Being 100% distributed doesn’t stop us from getting to know each other— we have daily conversations in chat, weekly “coffee” pairings with coworkers, and once a year we all come together for an all-team retreat.
Our values: As a small, nimble company, we want our employees to feel empowered to make decisions and define the future of our company, so our values include:
- Act like an owner (Agency!)
- Default to action (Processes are great; bureaucracy isn't!)
- Focus on the process (See? Great.)
- Practice prioritization (There are an infinite number of useful things to do. We trust you to pick the best ones.)
- Pay attention to details (Our customers count on us!)
- Over-communicate everything. Twice (See what we did there?)
You love great UX. You spend most of your time coding, but you also have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX. Maybe you were once a designer (or still are) or maybe your creative outlet has always been the code. Either way, you care about more than just the code.
You can balance lots of concerns. Frontend apps have to take into account performance (using networks and devices that we can't control), customer demands, A/B tests, UX research, code quality, a rapidly changing ecosystem of languages and modules, and the list goes on. And we actually want to ship things too! You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and keep the needle moving forward.
You love helping others. You love sharing knowledge with the rest of your team, building shared tooling for other engineers, giving back to the open-source community, and directly helping customers.
What You’ll Do
- Research, guide, and execute frontend architecture changes, including but by no means limited to planning our migration to React, implementing Redux best practices, and transitioning code to TypeScript.
- Build reusable React components, migrate AngularJS components to React, manage data on the client with Redux, and test everything with Jasmine.
- Measure and resolve performance bottlenecks, using tools like Chrome DevTools, Lighthouse, WebPageTest, or custom tooling.
- Work closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences that make it effortless to connect different apps together.
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our code quality.
- Review code written by other team members or other teams.
- Ship to hundreds of thousands of users every day while having lots of autonomy in terms of code and feature ownership.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with building and maintaining a SaaS product at scale
- An affinity for creating software that is extensible, performant, and easy to read
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
Diverse Teams Build Better Products
*Legally, we need you to know this: *
Process Street does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.