Software Engineer£50k – £90k
Privitar is pioneering the new enterprise software category of Privacy Engineering to serve this emerging business need and address a social issue of growing importance.
We are looking for talented and passionate engineers who love to build great products and enjoy immersing themselves in hard data problems. You will be building innovative solutions using the latest technologies to solve one of the most important problems of the big data age.
Ideal candidates for this role learn and adapt quickly; you are comfortable with being dropped into challenging technical problems and being given the responsibility to solve them. You’ll combine state-of-the-art technologies with leading-edge algorithms to understand and tackle hard data security and data anonymisation problems.
You take a deep pride in the products you build and care about writing clear, well-tested code. You value working in a close-knit team with other talented people and seek both to learn from and help others. You have a positive, constructive and proactive approach and enjoy working with the team to design and architect solutions, choose technologies, implement, ensure quality and constantly improve how we work as a team.
You are excited about the variety and fast pace of a dynamic startup and relish the opportunity to make a sizable and meaningful contribution to the direction and success of a young company.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science or a Science or Engineering discipline
- High level of proficiency in Java including strong experience of multithreading or concurrent programming
- Experience building a software product, ideally over the full lifecycle from design to production and ongoing support and enhancement
- Strong experience of and commitment to automated testing
- Excellent communication skills (and the maturity to understand why this is vital)
- Ability to deliver results under pressure with rapidly evolving propositions, client demands and business needs
- Experience with distributed algorithms and re-factoring algorithms for a distributed computing model
- Exposure to Big Data technologies, for example: Hadoop, Spark, CassandraKnowledge of SQL and relational database technology
- Understanding of software security and threat models, and experience building secure applications
- Experience developing enterprise software products
- Experience leading a team and mentoring junior developers
- Knowledge of Python or another programming language
- Experience with Amazon AWS and other cloud platforms
Private health insurance
Broad coverage for you and your family. Platinum coverage in the US.
Sickness, critical illness and life insurance.*
Generous matched employee contributions of up to 5%.
Enhanced maternity, paternity, surrogacy and adoption packages. No minimum length of service.
Everyone has a stake in Privitar.
30 days in the UK; 20 days in the US. Available from day one. We value work-life balance and encourage team members to take it all.
Snacks & lunch
Company provided snacks and group lunches. Good food. Great company.
Bike to work scheme
Big savings on buying a bicycle or cycling equipment.*
Choose the phone and Mac you prefer.
Privitar at a glance
Privitar focuses on Enterprise Software, Financial Services, Big Data, Data Mining, and Privacy. Their company has offices in New York City, Boston, and London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Privitar has raised $140.795M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.