Generate a new virtual card for every purchase
Senior Backend Engineer$120k – $180k • 0.01% – 0.4%
We're reimagining the way people and businesses spend money online using ephemeral card numbers.
We're a close-knit (32-person), rapidly growing company backed by top tier investors looking to expand our engineering team to keep pace with our growth. We believe that there is an enormous opportunity to improve the lives of millions of people by building financial tools that are both safe and delightful to use.
As an early member of the team, you will make a significant impact on both the product and culture. You'll have the chance to work on a multitude of interesting challenges across card processing, API architecture, fraud and abuse detection, scaling, and new product development.
About the role
- Improving our fraud modeling and ML classifiers that detect anomalous behavior and prevent fraud
- Updates to our real-time transaction processing engine with millisecond response times
- New features for both the hundreds of thousands of consumers using our product and the hundreds of businesses using our API
- Building out growth hooks, A/B testing and supporting growth and retention efforts
- 4+ years of experience shipping code in a production environment
- An understanding of the balance between perfection and shipping quickly
- Awareness that code is written as much for humans to read and maintain as it is for machines to interpret
- Ownership of the features from start to finish
- Understanding of algorithms, systems, and design
We are building a diverse team to tackle complex challenges in payments, and are committed to offering a safe and inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply.
In addition to competitive salary and equity we offer the following:
- Flexible vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Remote friendly
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Medical / dental / vision coverage
- 3% cashback on all purchases with Privacy
- Choose your own Apple equipment
- Commuter benefits
- Conveniently located office in lower Manhattan near many trains
Privacy is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Privacy.com at a glance
Privacy.com focuses on Security, Payments, Privacy, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Privacy.com has raised $13.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2020.