A headless CMS with an API and a CDN
Next.js + Prismic Developer Experience$40k – $60k • No equity
Our Next.js Developer Experience
At Prismic, we're looking for someone to lead our Next.js Developer Experience Program. This is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in both Prismic's and Next.js's communities and serve as the go-between for users and projects that combine the technologies.
Over the last few years we have developed a close working relationship with the team at Vercel and Next, and this position will also give you the chance to get to know them and stay on top of what they have planned.
You will focus on growing and empowering the community and providing them with all of the tools, materials, and information that they need to make their projects a success.
Prismic is a headless CMS. It means that our users have the freedom to choose their own stack and to use our product alongside some pretty incredible technologies. If you want to find out more about our product and features it is probably best if you go directly to our website for all of the key information.
That being said, Next is one of the most popular frameworks within our community and that is why we are looking for someone for this role.
Although we have always seen ourselves as a community-first product, these are our first official steps into the developer experience world. We already have a great team creating docs and starters and our YouTube channel produces regular videos with key figures from throughout our community (including Guillermo Rauch and Tim Neutkens), but one of the most exciting things about this role is that you'll help us to create and define our developer experience program and processes.
Speaking of that...
What will you do?
Some of that is going to be up to you, but there are a few fundamental tasks that you will need to cover.
- Be our eyes and ears in the Next community. Know how everything works. Know what they have coming next and help us to identify opportunities that we can take advantage of. Know what the community needs and how we can help them best. Most importantly, you will be the face of Prismic within that community.
- Be the first point of contact for Prismic users who are already using Next or who are considering it as an option.
- Improve the overall development and deployment experience with Next and Prismic. That's the big one. Create code samples, projects, kits, improve the CLI...there's a lot to do.
- Produce content and materials that Next users will find useful. Maybe you're great at writing. Maybe you produce amazing video walkthroughs. We'll give you some freedom in that regard, but we just want to make sure that Next users have what they need.
- Develop closer ties with Vercel and key figures within the Next community.
That's just to give you an idea. There are tons of other opportunities that you could take advantage of. Maybe you'd like to speak at conferences? Arrange meet-ups? That really is up to you and what you're good at.
Think you're interested? We're happy to hear from anyone, but it would be great if you meet a few key requirements for the role.
- Coding experience in Next.js
- Good communication skills with an ability and willingness to create strong 1-to-1 relationships with people in the Next.js communities.
- Feel comfortable gathering feedback the community and have an understanding of how you can turn that feedback into an improvement in our developer experience.
- Ability to compassionately give and receive editorial and technical feedback.
- Experience with blogging, technical documentation, and developer outreach
- Experience participating in online and offline developer communities and ecosystems
- Experience working and managing remote teams is a big plus.
And what about the job details?
Although our headquarters are in Paris, this position is open to fully-remote work - so as long as you've got a good internet connection we don't care where you are.
Do you want to relocate to Paris? That's great. We're always happy to have someone new in the office, but there is no preferential treatment for candidates based on their location.
That being said, where you are based may change the offer and benefits that we can provide. We'd love to be able to give you an exhaustive list of everything that we can offer, but it's difficult until we know where you are.
Our employees in Paris benefit from healthcare, extensive paid time off, paid lunches, travel reimbursement, and a bunch of other stuff. We'll try to provide the same for everyone, but until we know where you are we can't get into the details.
That being said, a key aspect of Prismic is the culture that we have developed. We have regular team buildings, all-hands meetings where every team member can discuss any topic, and an overall relaxed atmosphere.
So, no matter where you are we will want to make you a part of that culture. You might not be able to make every team building, but we will make sure that you feel welcomed and part of a company where you can thrive and grow.