The legal marketplace for in-house teams
Director of Sales$120k – $150k • 0.1% – 0.25%
Who we are
Priori is the venture-backed, game-changing legal technology tool for in-house legal teams to find and engage external counsel. Priori was named a 2018 and 2019 Financial Times Intelligent Business for our work reducing the cost of legal services by 60-80%. Co-founders Basha Rubin and Mirra Levitt met as Yale Law School classmates and are 2018 ABA Journal Legal Rebels and LTRC Women of LegalTech.
Our team is passionate about making the $400BN legal industry more transparent and efficient. We’re looking for a Director of Sales to join our fast-paced team in NYC. This is an opportunity for an experienced salesperson to grow a team in a high-growth start-up.
What you'll do
Priori is seeking a Director of Sales to join our rapidly growing company as we change the way legal services are delivered. You will report directly to the CEO, with whom you will work closely to develop sales targets and strategy. You will own the full life-cycle of the sales process to Priori’s in-house clients: from working with the SDR and Marketing Manager to identify lead sources, designing outreach and engagement strategies for new and returning clients, working with the SDR to execute the campaigns, managing the sales pipeline, pitching clients, attending conferences and tracking, closing deals and reporting successes. You will have an opportunity to make additional sales hires and grow a team.
- Manage end-to-end marketplace sales to C-Suite executives across the Fortune 500 and high-growth technology companies, including prospecting, new client sales and long-term relationship management
- Evaluate existing sales processes and strategies and develop new ones
- Build and lead a sales team at a high-growth start-up
- Deliver exponential marketplace growth based on KPIs
- Become a trusted partner to clients through a consultative sales approach
- 6+ years’ sales experience
- Either hold a JD (or foreign equivalent) and have sales experience or have experience selling to legal stakeholders in the Fortune 500 and/or AmLaw 100
- Familiarity with CRMs (required) and marketing automation software (preferred)
- Experience managing a data-driven sales funnel and creating effective metrics to measure growth
- Experience structuring and building a sales team or management experience with interest in learning best practices to build a sales team
- You are highly motivated with a desire to surpass ambitious sales targets
- You have a scrappy start-up mentality with an ability to own the sales cycle from start to finish and a “no job to small” attitude
- You are proactive, with a desire to work hard, learn quickly and operate in a lean startup environment.
- You are independent and capable of producing excellent work-product with minimal oversight.
- You have executive gravitas with an ability to sell to highly sophisticated customers with complex needs.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have an interest in technology and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- You are passionate about the legal industry.
- You love building relationships, whether in person or remotely.
- Salary $120,000- $150,000 base depending on experience, with $225,000+ OTE
- Equity Options .1 -.25%
- Generous vacation package including 20 days of paid vacation per year + national holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision health care
- WFH stipend to get yourself comfortable (while the team is remote)
- Subsidized in-office gym and cafeteria (when back in the office)
- Opportunity for professional development in a high-growth start-up
- Regular team happy hours and socials (when in office)
- Submit your resume to email@example.com
- Interview with CEO
- Writing test
- Leadership team case interview
- Reference checks