Workflow management software for small businesses
Sr UI/UX Designer
Everyone has their favorite college or band t-shirt, a company shirt, or a brand you like sporting. These apparel-based items are made at screen printing shops around the world and we help them stay organized and grow. It can be very difficult to manage a high-volume of those orders and that's where Printavo comes in.
On top of that, most current solutions are ancient, paper-based, and need more automation. Let's build the future of our industry together!
Who You Are
You have UX and UI expertise to help work with our Product Manager, Engineering team, and customers to drive forward progress. Our customers are friendly small businesses and we stay extremely close to them. Creating powerful functionality for them that’s easy-to-use and simple is a huge focus at Printavo and something you will execute on moving forward.
This is the first hire for our new design team so we’re looking for someone ready to own projects from start to finish.
What You'll Do
- Truly understand our shops’ (customer) needs to help drive their businesses forward
- As our first designer you will brainstorm and collaborate with our Product Manager, Engineers, and Customer Care team to understand, identify, and take on complex business requirements and customer needs
- Translate concepts into wireframes, and high-fidelity experiences that are straightforward and beautifully crafted
- Create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes for web, tablet, and phone devices
- Participate in design critiques by presenting your work, capturing feedback, and giving constructive feedback
- Inspire and bring new ideas to the team
- Research customer needs, competitor products, trends, and best practices to take our product to the next level as an industry leader
- Analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data and use learnings to inform your designs
- Contribute to an evolving brand and growing design system
- Contribute to high-level strategic conversations with the rest of the product and leadership team
- Seamlessly transition from one stage of the process to the next—and go back and forth to iterate with ease
- Feel comfortable and embrace working on any design problems we have today + the future
- Autonomous in that you have a breadth of understanding across design disciplines so you can prioritizing efforts
- 5+ year experience
- A strong UX/UI portfolio
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, and learning new design tools
- Strong communication, writing, and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to slice designs into HAML/SCSS
- Experience in Zeplin
- Flexible work from home schedule
- Company matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO