We accelerate human understanding of the world with machines that read and write
Data Scientist (Services)
At Primer, we put our customers first. The Senior Data Scientist role on the Services team will work with executives and leadership at customer organizations to understand their challenges and identify opportunities for Primer’s suite of technologies to support their needs. You will utilize your machine learning expertise to define, prototype, deploy, and maintain NLP/NLG solutions at Primer.
Your goal – to build the machines that can tell stories to anyone in the world.
Primer is an artificial intelligence company that organizes and analyzes text-based data sources, and generates analyst-grade natural language summaries for a variety of industries. Our objective is to help our customers understand the world around them ‐‐ whether it is emerging geopolitical events, development of a product line or area of research, or monitoring a portfolio of companies’ financial performances.
The Services team is a jack-of-all-trades organization that serves as a key interface between individual clients and the broader Primer organization. Our charter is: (1) work closely with clients to discover the best use of Primer’s NLP/NLG algorithms for their needs; (2) prototype new algorithms, data pipelines, and visualizations; and (3) channel client feedback and algorithmic learnings back to Primer to drive future product development.
- Support the ideation and implementation of solutions and feature sets for the customers, partner with Primer’s product and engineering organizations to create and deliver.
- Act as a full-stack everything: data scientist, engineer, and customer liaison for Primer.
- Partner with product and engineers at Primer to identify and prioritize new features and algorithms based on customer engagement and feedback.
- Build ways to analyze and understand customer engagement and product performance through modeling and data visualization.
- Academic background in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, or quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience in the areas of developing and deploying machine learning and NLP-based solutions.
- Hands-on experience with machine learning and NLP tools and libraries including Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-learn, SpaCy, NLTK, Torch, Tensorflow, Keras
- Proven experience working with a variety of data sets, framing customer problems and use cases, and building data science models.
- Understanding of NLP topics: event and topic detection, relation, and extraction; pattern detection; entity recognition; and clustering and classification models.
- Ability to think about solutions from a customer perspective, establish conceptual connections between requirements and solutions.
- Experience working with AWS, Docker, and APIs.
- Excellent communication skills – you will be the face of Primer to customers’ organizations.
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Primer at a glance
Primer focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Natural Language Processing. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Primer has raised $50M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.