0nline educational platform that pairs students with private tutors remotely via online chat
Product Manager (Payments)
Preply is one of the most exciting start-ups in Europe today. The company is on a massive growth trajectory and announced it’s most recent fundraise in March 2020. You’ll be joining a passionate team of 135 employees of 25 nationalities, helping to shape the future of effective learning. As the company looks to increase momentum and scale geographically, this is a unique opportunity to join a group of passionate international talent whilst living in Barcelona; one of the most vibrant and attractive start-up communities in the world. As part of your experience at Preply, you will also be given a monthly allowance to learn new languages on Preply.com.
Mission: Help define and execute Preply’s content product strategy, ensuring company is utilizing the most out of their potential. This role will be responsible for owning & optimising the global checkout experience on Preply; integrating new payment methods in specific markets such as direct debit in Europe; improving the payment disbursement process for our tutors; improving our fraud detection and prevention processes
- Manage the entire product life cycle from inception to launch.
- Develop and execute on product strategy, including new product initiatives, such as:
- Solve complex liquidity management problems, balancing global demand for learning with;
- Find the best tutors across the globe to teach with us
- Optimise our onboarding flows, ensuring our students have the best possible learning experience, and our tutors know how to best teach their students on our platform
- Dive into complex machine learning algorithms that help us match the right tutor with the right student, every time
- Work with our subject methodologists to redefine education in an interactive and multimodal environment
- Help us grow enter new markets;
- create new product offerings targeted at entirely new customer segments
- Collaborate with a multicultural cross-functional team of technology, design, marketing, and data to build amazing product
- Become an authority on your product area and identify areas of opportunity through research and data.
- Define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics.
- Own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company
- Inspire the team with the product vision, and work cross-functionally to bring the product to life
- 5+ years of relevant experience in product management
- Experience building a product in a rapid growth and fast paced environment, while supporting multiple initiatives at different phases of development with different needs
- Experience managing products through entire life cycle – from inception to launch
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products to worldwide markets
- Strong analytical ability and proven process of data-validated, hypothesis-driven, experiment-tested decisions (You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact. You know every step of the funnel. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests)
- Natural leadership. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- A/B Testing platforms — experience with multiple platforms preferred: what testing platforms do they have experience with: 3rd party products/services or internal/homegrown tools
- Testing methodologies A/B, AB/n | multivariate
- ability to define tests explicitly (percentage of users in test, control groups, entry criterion; test success metrics)do they have experience running multiple concurrent tests at scale
- Statistics/math/physics -- hard sciences background/experience
- understanding of statistical significance, comfortable with data/sql/R(?)/excel — general data manipulation
- experience reading and calling tests
- Ability to map quantitative to qualitative
- Good understanding of retention/activation marketing
Additional Desired Hard Skills
- - An Understanding of design/UX
- understanding of the tools and technologies employed in making UI changes
- familiarity and comfort with rapid prototyping and qualitative customer testing
- familiarity with multi-modal user journeys and how various entry points/journeys can impact tests (and thus should be controlled for)
- - Marketplace/subscription experience
- understanding of marketplace dynamics, & the need to balance both sides of the marketplace (sell/buy side)understanding of revenue dynamics, LTV, seasonality, YoY comparisons, churn
- Vision & Simplicity
- Effective communication/conversation skills
- Decision making ability
- Servant leadership
- Should possess immense curiosity, and have the ability to empathise with their customers
Preply at a glance
Preply focuses on Internet, E-Commerce, Education, Search, and Language Learning. Their company has offices in Barcelona and Brighton. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Preply has raised $15.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.