0nline educational platform that pairs students with private tutors remotely via online chat
Content Marketing Manager
Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 15,000 tutors with tens of thousands of students from all over the world.Founded in 2012 and backed by some of the world’s leading investors, Preply is on a mission to shape the future of effective learning. Fueled by a belief that live engagement with a teacher is still the most effective way to learn a new skill, Preply is building a personalised learning space that will enable individual learners to reach their goals in the fastest way possible. Powered by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, Preply now has 180 employees of over 25 nationalities based between Barcelona and Kyiv. Preply is driven by a culture of experimentation and data-driven learnings, focused on building best-in-class consumer and enterprise solutions. As the company looks to increase momentum and scale geographically, this is a unique opportunity to join one of the most vibrant and attractive start-up communities in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Content Marketing Manager to help Preply build and maintain a set of owned media channels with a focus at blog and Question and Answers section of the website. In this role, you'll help to grow one of the most popular blogs on language learning on the web with millions of traffic monthly and scale it even further.
As a Content Marketing Manager, you will:
- Manage editorial efforts for blog, including working with SEO team as well as in-house and freelance writers to create popular engaging content that converts cold traffic into leads
- Continuously refine and update our existing content to ensure we are utilizing all search and conversion opportunities
- Build and maintain editorial processes at the Questions and Answer section of the website
- Keep our content initiatives aligned towards Preply’s tone of voice
- Drive growth and increase conversions by autonomously creating a highly-engaging blog content (articles and other short forms)
- Collaborate with Growth teams to identify potential blog growth points
- Collaborate with Product teams to identify the ways content can contribute to their metrics
- Collaborate with CRM, marketing and product teams to develop and test hypotheses aimed at driving growth and increasing engagement
- Contribute to shaping your role to make the greatest possible contribution
What we're after:
- Fluent English speaker with excellent writing skills
- Previous experience in media or digital product businesses.
- At least 2 years of experience writing or editing content for web or digital products
- At least 1 year at the managerial positions, overseeing journalists, writers, content managers etc.
- Strong experience in SEO and Content Marketing
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Creative flair and ability to consider customer data as a creative constraint
- Ability to balance autonomy and collaboration
- Experience writing for diverse audiences of non-native English speakers
- Growth mindset, curiosity and willingness to continuously learn
- A customer-centric, empathetic mindset with excellent listening skills
- An ability to focus on what counts, creating simple solutions to deliver fast results
- A passion for learning and desire for self-improvement
What we offer:
- An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by high functioning teams, stellar investors and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory
- An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints; a culture where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and international culture
- A monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com
- A competitive financial package, with generous leave allowance and health insurance
Preply at a glance
Preply focuses on Internet, E-Commerce, Education, Search, and Language Learning. Their company has offices in Barcelona and Brighton. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Preply has raised $15.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.