Preply is a fast-growing ed-tech company, backed by Europe's most prominent investors. We are building a global human-to-human online tutoring marketplace with offices in Kiev and Barcelona.
At Preply, we challenge each other to learn more and faster and promote a growth mindset in our daily work. We provide a friendly and multinational atmosphere within the team that you’ll fall in love with.
We are looking for an SEM Marketer who will work alongside the Marketing and Growth teams to help scale SEM as Preply continues to expand into new markets.
Your objective will be to profitably scale our SEM marketing campaigns in existing markets and successfully launch into new markets, allowing us to broaden our audience base, while balancing the demand and supply sides of the marketplace.
- Develop short and long-term campaign expansion strategies and execute day-to-day tactics that increase traffic, leads, buyers and revenue
- Measure, optimize and report on campaign performance from an ROI and customer lifetime value perspective
- Continually improve campaign performance by building and running tests, measuring results, learning and iterating based on test outcomes
- Use creative, out-of-the-box thinking to come up with innovative and effective approaches to SEM marketing
- Ensure Preply is among the first advertisers to test out new tools, ad formats, or audience targeting opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of our target audience, and use that understanding to build campaigns with on-brand messaging that resonates with the target audience
- Measure and optimise our paid marketing using different Tableau dashboards, Google Analytics and other tools for web and app such as Branch.io, Appsflyer, Adjust plus relevant landing page sources reports
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. data, marketing, design, technical) to enable effective campaign execution, reporting, landing page development and A/B testing
- Technical understanding of marketing tracking solutions, analytics, SEM advertising platforms and attribution models. Motivated to learn about and implement marketing automation tools
- Data-focused mindset. You'll need to enjoy numbers, analytics, and ROI conversations
- Customer insight: understanding of target customers and ability to develop effective campaigns based on that insight
- Test and learn approach to marketing: demonstrable ability to create test hypotheses, execute tests, and measure test outcomes
- Creative approach to marketing and out-of-the-box thinking: you can demonstrate an ability to come up with innovative approaches to getting the best performance from SEM marketing platforms
- Ability to leverage data from different sources, and translate it into actionable insights to help you optimize campaigns to more effectively target and convert high value users
- Able to effectively collaborate with design, data, growth and technical teams on projects
- Ability to manage marketing budgets and forecast and report on results
- Self starter, with high motivation and drive, able to work independently with minimal supervision or as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities for coordinating across teams
- Experience requirements: 5+ years experience as an SEM specialist
- Work in the same office with easy-going and open minded people from all over the world
- Easy-to-reach location in the city centre
- Active office life with biweekly gatherings
- Monthly allowance to learn new languages on Preply.com
- Strong remuneration package, paid vacation and sick leave
- Opportunity to be a part of a truly big story at the start of its development
Preply at a glance
Preply focuses on Internet, E-Commerce, Education, Search, and Language Learning. Their company has offices in Barcelona and Brighton. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Preply has raised $15.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.