Predictive Analytics for Geopolitical Risk
Job Location: New York, NY or Remote U.S.
COVID-19 Update: Predata is still actively hiring. As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. This is an office-based role, but we have processes and tools to support remote work until our offices reopen.
Predata uncovers the predictive behavior in web traffic data.
We come from the worlds of technology, political science, and finance, and share a commitment to building the future of machine-augmented decision making. We celebrate people who take responsibility for solving problems and developing new ideas. Our team optimizes for communication and collaboration rather than hierarchy. We believe in the importance of narrative-driven insight, and always try to see the human elements behind our data.
Predata is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
As a member of our engineering team, you will be designing and building a state-of-the-art platform for predictive thinking. Our challenge is to transform abstract data into insight and narrative. We’re passionate about simplicity, clarity, and performance in the face of large volumes of data.
Past projects have included:
- An orchestrated machine learning pipeline that scales to big data
- A dashboard for modular data visualizations with Vega
- A micro-services architecture on AWS Kubernetes for data science experiments
This role reports to the CTO.
- 3+ years of industry experience building web applications
- Experience working in a production Python environment
- Previous experience working with ORMs (Django preferred)
- Familiarity with React and front-end development concepts
- Ability to work with datasets that don’t fit in memory
- Experience with HTTP and RESTful APIs
- Comfortable working in Unix-like environments
- Prior experience with DevOps tools - Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform
- Familiarity with testing best practices and CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to work collaboratively on a small team
- Able to get up-and-running quickly with minimal supervision
- Comfortable making user-centric product design decisions.
- 3 weeks paid time off
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Gym membership subsidy
We provide health, vision, dental
Comprehensive benefits package,
3 weeks paid time off
gym membership subsidy