The largest Indian language story telling platform
Product Designer₹6L – ₹30L • 0.0% – 0.5%
Can you translate your users' needs into a compelling, intuitive and delightful product? You are much needed.
We are looking for designers with an entrepreneurial spirit who seek to contribute in developing and shaping the visual product language for Pratilipi.
• Be the voice of the customer in the core product team.
• Understand both stated and unstated needs of our existing and potential users, analyze them to chart out product plans and work with different teams to help build/evolve the product design in the best way to solve those needs.
• Ensure that we have the right product velocity by working with business, growth, and core product teams.
You are the right fit if you have:
• The ability to understand user requirements and conduct user research to build initial product hypothesis and subsequently convert them into intuitive and sleek user-driven product design.
• Skills and willingness to conduct quick testing and implementation of user feedback
• Experience of working with at least a few design tools/platforms.
• A knack for working with diverse teams for moving towards a shared goal by exercising influence instead of control.
• 2-8+ years of experience in designing visual language systems for digital products and services
Additional Points if:
• You are a writer/reader, particularly in any of the Indian languages.
• You are an ex-entrepreneur or have worked as one of the first 20 people in a company.
• You have experience/training in either of software development/psychology/economics.
• You have built and scaled very high-performance teams in the past.
What we offer:
• An opportunity to work on something that really matters. Check out the reviews for our app or any of our social profiles.
• Very high autonomy; freedom to take risks, to experiment and to fail.
• Very high transparency; you would be aware of and will have exposure to almost everything from our cap table, to how other teams operate, to how much money we have in the bank at any given time.
• A set of team-mates who love working together (at-least most of the times). Check out what our team members are saying about working here on Glassdoor.
• Fair market salary and meaningful ESOP ownership
We would be the best fit for you if:
• You like working in a high accountability, high responsibility environment
• Want to work on something meaningful instead of just following the herd
• Want to learn other facets of company building, even more so if you want to be an entrepreneur in future
• Have a continuous growth mindset and want to maximize long-term learning and returns instead of short-term gains
We are not the best fit for you if:
- You are satisfied with where you are in life and do not want to push to learn/grow further.
- You believe that the best products are build by following your instincts instead of listening to users.
- You are more concerned about short-term payoffs than long-term payoffs.
- You are fundamentally risk-averse.
- You like working in a structured environment or being explicitly told what to do at every step.