A social streaming product that builds digital rooms for the content & people you love
Software Engineer, AndroidNo salary • 0.0% – 1.25%
Potato TV is looking for a software engineer intern to help develop the foundation of our social streaming product. The ideal applicant will have a passion for social media, streaming, and connecting people through the TV & movies they love. We are looking for people who want to work on a fun product & who want to make an immediate impact. Successful interns will have an ability to understand our technical approaches, provide innovative solutions, and build efficiently for the future.
- Agile development of high-quality native iOS apps with beautiful custom UI.
- Develop backend functionality & frontend experience for an interactive messaging, video, and audio mobile application
- Contribute to product design processes (ideation, user journeys, roadmapping, etc…) & learn how they are implemented into product development.
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues that arise using industry standards
- Develop, maintain, & update technical documentation for team members
- Build a social platform experience across mobile & web app surfaces
- Learn and apply software design and development concepts to our mobile application
- Experience with Java, Kotlin, various android frameworks, and modern Android APIs.
- Experience working in cloud computing environments like GCP & firebase & building backend models with noSQL DBs & node JS.
- Familiarity with using APIs for payments, chat, video, & websockets.
- Preferred Education: Currently enrolled in or have previously completed a Masters in computer science. Minimum is graduated with BS in CS.
- Great communication: ability to breakdown technical concepts effectively to non-technical founders
- Mindset: Human-centered design - Put the user at the center of development
- Collaborative: With other engineers on projects to seamlessly build a cohesive product using industry standard tools and processes
- Ability to break down requirements and implement whole features
Time: ~20 hours/week
Duration: 10-12 weeks
Role: Unpaid internship