Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development
Data Engineer₹12L – ₹18L • 0.1% – 0.2%
Postman leads the way in the API-first universe. Postman’s API Development Environment is used by 10+ million developers and more than 500,000 companies to access 250+ million APIs every month.
We are looking for a data engineer in data team to help us scale the existing infrastructure and in parallel work on next generation data tools including data scrapping, machine learning infrastructure and data validation systems.
Data team at Postman acts as a central function, catering to the needs of the overall organisation. More than half of the organisation is currently active on our data tools, hence data engineers and data analysts work together to cater to these forever increasing needs. We are a lean team which works autonomously by delegating and trusting every member to take things to completion.
- Be an amazing learner on a day-to-day basis.
- Communicate effectively with data consumers to fine-tune data platform systems (existing or new).
- Contribute to existing EL (extract & load) data pipelines while building new systems in parallel.
- Own and deliver high performing systems (not just pipelines) and help the team scale them up, to endure ever increasing traffic.
- Become a product owner (not just a system owner) over-time by understanding the end results of building systems.
- You have good understanding of at least 1 programming language.
- You have worked on problem statements including batch-processing.
- You know the basics and internal workings of at least one database/data warehouse/data lake and understood the workings in depth.
- You have a knack to deep-dive into the use-cases of data, not just the technical aspects.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in autonomous small teams for maximum impact; that strives for organizational growth to align with that of the individual; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves and where ideas are encouraged from anyone and everyone. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who not only understand the challenge but can also solve this for the rest of the world. Be a part of something big.
Health insurance provided covers the employee, spouse, 2 kids and parents
Employees can avail the work-from-home option during anytime of the week.
We do not put a cap on vacations. Employees can avail as many leaves as they want as long as they are keeping their team informed well in advance!
Breakfast and lunch is on us!
Fitness reimbursement of upto Rs. 4500 per quarter
We have an unlimited learning budget for people wanting to take up professional development courses.
Postman at a glance
Postman focuses on SaaS, Developer Tools, Web Development, and Cloud Infrastructure. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Bengaluru. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Postman has raised $208M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2020 at a valuation of $2B.