Entertainment for the sharing economy
Full Stack Software Engineer$45k – $65k • 0.0% – 1.0%
We are building a next-generation media and entertainment platform that generates personalized experiences in rideshare vehicles. We currently have screens (Android tablets) in hundreds of rideshare vehicles in Canada. We are looking for a creative and curious developer excited about the future of content, media and analytics.
About the company:
Portl media is an online media sharing platform currently live in rideshare vehicles in Canada. The network of connected screens eliminates idle time by providing media and entertainment options to riders. A proprietary, easily installable hardware and software package delivers geo-located, contextual content while collecting and measuring user behaviour.
We recently graduated from Techstars (Comcast NBCUniversal Lift Labs Accelerator) and was recently named “Canada’s Most Promising Startup” at the NACO World Investment Summit.
- Work on the consumer-facing web platform, iterate and test on new and existing features based on user research
- Write clean, modular code that is scalable and secure.
- Construct REST and websocket APIs to communicate with the tablet network.
- Work closely with operations to build and scale back-end services.
- Build management interfaces such as dashboards and data feeds.
- Write unit tests and deploy your code to AWS.
- Willingness to take risks and move fast – done is better than perfect!
- Eager to learn new languages, frameworks and tools.
- Keen eye for UX/UI Design principles.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases, MongoDB preferred
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with React and NodeJS.
- Experience deploying web applications and servers to AWS.
- Experience with source control, preferably Bitbucket/git.
- Ability to transform business ideas to UI/UX features, and iterate quickly based on feedback.
- Strong design, product, and user experience intuition, and able to contribute to discussions.
- Experience implementing authentication flows based on Oauth2 and JWT.
- Experience with Android Programming and Java is a bonus.
- Knowledge of machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms is a bonus.
- Ability to collaborate, communicate effectively, and work remotely (for the time being)
- Flat organizational structure
- Office space in Richmond/King West with patio, bbq, and tons of nearby places to eat at!
- Dog-friendly office
- Mentorship opportunities
- Flexible working hours
Portl Media at a glance
Portl Media focuses on Digital Media, Advertising Platforms, Entertainment Industry, and Digital Marketing. Their company has offices in Philadelphia and Toronto. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.