Our mission is to make it easy for teams to measure every aspect of their work
Full Stack Software Engineer - Islamabad, Pakistan
We’re Polly, one of the largest, longest running, and fastest growing applications on Slack and Microsoft Teams. We make it easy for millions of users across thousands of teams to measure and manage their work. Our corporate office is based in Seattle, WA with team members distributed throughout the US and Canada. Our next journey is to build-out a new product team based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll work to build the systems behind Polly’s polls, surveys, and feedback workflows that run directly within Slack and MS Teams. You'll work in a remote capacity with multiple stakeholders, including our founders, and make a big impact on our users. We’re primarily working with Node on the backend and React on the frontend, in a modern development environment that features single click deployments on a daily basis. We're seeking engineers who have an interest in working in a highly collaborative environment where mentoring other members of the team is highly encouraged. This is an exciting opportunity to join an early team and gain exposure to everything it takes to rapidly scale a well-funded software startup.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Polly, you will:
- Build, evolve, and support one of the most popular Slack and MS Teams apps
- Ship high-quality software with a tight-knit engineering team
- Get involved in every aspect of Polly’s products, from design to iteration and deployment
- Develop, automate, and maintain our cloud and containerization infrastructure
- Take part in DevOps rotations to support our production environment
- Work on projects across every layer of the stack
- Mentor more junior developers
Skills and past achievements:
- Experience with multiple product lifecycles of commercial software development in B2B, SaaS, and/or Cloud focus
- You've successfully built out solutions end-to-end and are comfortable operating in any layer of the architecture. Our tech stack is built on Node and React, but any past web development experience is suitable combined with curiosity and passion to learn
- User-centered design experience: Ability to understand what the user wants and what you can deliver within the constraints
- Excellent leadership skills: Ability to lead a project end-to-end and commitment to keeping stakeholders updated on progress and deliverables
- Strong, proactive communication skills
- Being successful in our environment means being highly adaptable and flexible to tackle the types of challenges seen at an early stage startup
- Curious learner who is always sharpening skills and asking "Why?"
- Bonus Points: Love for Slack and/or parrots
Our team values empathy, respect, and has a bias towards action. We operate and make decisions with these shared core company values in mind: Own it, Be Intentional, Push Boundaries, Act Now, and Inspire Good. If you are joining our team, it's because you have a shared goal in living these values like us. This is an exciting time to be part of our team's journey as we rapidly scale our enterprise SaaS business, with real opportunity to influence and impact our company, product, and users.
Polly is the leading solution to measure critical workflows in Slack and MS Teams. Already loved by thousands of companies (including many Fortune 100), Polly empowers every employee to gather real-time insights in a way that’s quick, easy to use, and maximizes participation. Join us to help define how work is measured and managed in the era of enterprise messaging.
Polly at a glance
Polly focuses on Enterprise Software, Surveys, and Workflow. Their company has offices in Seattle. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Polly has raised $8.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.