Making it easy to compare and buy insurance
Manager, Strategy & Operations
About the role….
Our Life Strategy & Operations team is focused on building a world-class operations organization within the Life Insurance business (the largest business at Policygenius!), working collaboratively across the company to improve our efficiency and effectiveness while creating a world-class experience for our customers.
We’re searching for a talented manager who can focus on driving key strategic initiatives within the Life organization, as well as conduct data analysis and reporting that impacts day-to-day business. This person will work closely with business stakeholders to deliver data-driven solutions while also partnering with leadership to understand and implement key improvements to processes.
This role reports to the Director of Strategy & Operations (Life).
In this role, you will...
- Tackle complex strategic and operational challenges to drive solutions for our Life Operations team
- Combine qualitative and quantitative insights to help shape and drive initiatives that will improve processes for our Life Operations teams (e.g., sales, case management, customer success, and others)
- Delve deeply into our operational data to identify trends that signal opportunities, challenges, and risks and recommend actionable processes and tactics
- Develop relationships with stakeholders across partner teams, addressing concerns and removing roadblocks to drive projects forward
- Manage special projects as needed
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 3+ years of experience leading strategic initiatives in fast paced, dynamic environments (prior startup experience is a plus)
- You have prior experience in a business operations, project management, or management consulting role
- You can pair strong business insight and strategy with a desire to work through problems and guide meaningful business decisions, sometimes with incomplete information
- You have the ability to remain organized in a dynamic environment, bringing order to chaos and driving execution
- You have extraordinary interpersonal skills and are comfortable communicating with a variety of stakeholders
- You demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills (experience with Tableau, Excel, and SQL preferred)
- You’re a go-getter who’s eager to take on new projects and responsibilities
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
Reap the benefits
This is our bread & butter. We offer fully-paid health, dental, vision, life, and short-term disability benefits.
New mother? New father? We offer paid parental leave to support spending time with your new addition(s).
Take a break
Relax on a beach, climb a mountain, marathon it on Netflix - do what you want with the time you need via our open vacation policy!
Paws and reflect
Dog lover? Chances are you'll find one of our teammate's furry friends wandering around looking for your companionship!
A team that plays together
We enjoy each other's company — whether at office happy hours, weekly soccer matches, birthday celebrations, or over lunch in our cafeteria.
Policygenius at a glance
Policygenius focuses on Financial Services, Education, Marketplaces, Finance, and Insurance. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Policygenius has raised $51.05M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2017.