Making it easy to compare and buy insurance
Director of Strategy & Business Operations
Strategy & Business Operations at Policygenius...
The Strategy & Business Operations function at Policygenius works on the highest impact business challenges we face. As the Director of Strategy & Business Operations, you’ll work with a high performing, cross-functional team to develop strategic initiatives, deliver business impact, and delight our clients & strategic partners. We’re looking for the right mix of skillful problem solver, thoughtful operator and dedicated team leader. Reporting into the Head of Strategy & Operations, you will balance problem-solving & process, think both strategically & tactically, and bring a deep understanding of the interplay between operations, marketing, product & business intelligence.
In this role, you will…
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop, champion, and launch new initiatives; incubate new service lines and offerings to prepare them for scale
- Take ownership of high priority projects/programs, including: business case, alternatives evaluation, scope, cost, risks, interdependencies, workplan, implementation, impact measurement, scaling and iteration
- Develop new business models, organizational structures and cross-functional initiatives to increase synergies across the company and drive long-term business sustainability
- Hire and manage business operations team members, from recruiting to onboarding and training to performance management
- Support the leadership team in strategic planning, organizational planning, and business rhythm processes, aligning with other functions to develop budgets, objectives and key results (OKRs), resource and capital plans, etc.
- Stay on top of industry and consumer trends to explore new markets and business models; create forward-looking forecasts, conduct competitive assessments, and evaluate recommendations for strategic growth and monetization
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 7+ years of combined experience in (i) strategy and business operations roles in a startup or high-growth environment and (ii) a top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank or PE/VC firm; an MBA is preferred
- You have excellent people and project management skills and the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with people at all levels across the company
- You have demonstrated success identifying, implementing, managing and measuring the drivers of best-in-class company performance
- You have a strong problem-solving track record – you’re able to think critically through unique problems with no set playbook and quickly implement a path to a solution, and you can toggle effortlessly between big picture strategy and in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving
- You have natural curiosity and exceptional analytical skills – you’re able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data, formulate and test hypotheses, synthesize your findings and draw insightful conclusions that you can translate into results
- You have a demonstrated results-orientation, with strong decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize multiple objectives while meeting aggressive deadlines
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
Reap the benefits
This is our bread & butter. We offer fully-paid health, dental, vision, life, and short-term disability benefits.
New mother? New father? We offer paid parental leave to support spending time with your new addition(s).
Take a break
Relax on a beach, climb a mountain, marathon it on Netflix - do what you want with the time you need via our open vacation policy!
Paws and reflect
Dog lover? Chances are you'll find one of our teammate's furry friends wandering around looking for your companionship!
A team that plays together
We enjoy each other's company — whether at office happy hours, weekly soccer matches, birthday celebrations, or over lunch in our cafeteria.
Policygenius at a glance
Policygenius focuses on Financial Services, Education, Marketplaces, Finance, and Insurance. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Policygenius has raised $51.05M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2017.