The debit card you'll actually love
Senior Backend Engineer (Node.js)$150k – $200k • 0.25% – 1.5%
Why this role?
- Build a mobile banking app that you would actually use. Seriously, we're challenging the status quo and building a premium debit card to align incentives with our members. Step aside Amex.
- Work alongside a lean and highly-talented team. One of our co-founders designed the interface of the first iPhone and we launched and scaled to millions of dollars in transactional volume with a team of 2.5 engineers — ask us about it.
- Our team is super collaborative and transparent. You have impact across the entire company from new product features, internal tools, or jamming on a marketing idea — no shortage of things to work on.
- We're well-funded and supported by top investors — we're backed by the same investors behind companies like Airbnb, Stripe, Notion, and many others.
What does a backend engineer at Point do?
- You will work to ensure integrations with key vendors are stable and reliable — our card issuer, card printer, identity verification vendors, Plaid, etc.
- You will build the backend logic that powers new features. Potential examples: instant bank transfers, custom rewards — features that will enable Point to attract and retain more members.
- You will build scalable infrastructure that can handle very large amounts of data with low latency.
This role would be a good fit if you...
- Have been working as a backend engineer for 3+ years with at least 2 of them using Node.js, AWS, PostgresQL, and GraphQL. Usually language experience doesn't really matter to us but we're moving quickly and would like for you to have experience with our current stack.
- Worked at a really small start up that went from 0 → 1 and understand how to scale backend systems.
- Are thoughtful with balancing moving quickly and cautiously by testing software before shipping — given the sensitive nature of our product we need to ensure Point is reliable and secure at all times.
- Have spent time working in a senior engineer role but are still excited about being a core contributor to the codebase.
- Actually care about building a consumer product that has thoughtful and intuitive design across the stack — from mobile app UI to the database architecture.
If this sounds up your alley, then drop us a note.
Meet your team
Point at a glance
Point focuses on Personal Finance, Finance Technology, Credit Cards, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Point has raised $10.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2020.