Home Equity Marketplace
Closing Lead (Real Estate)
Closing Lead (Real Estate)
“Point provides the opportunity to stabilize your financial situation without adding costly monthly payments.” - Homeowner in Burlingame, CA
Here at Point, we’re helping homeowners unlock the equity in their homes without taking on further debt. With an investment from Point, homeowners can de-leverage and diversify their wealth, freeing them up to invest in their business, renovate and maintain their home, eliminate debt, and tackle all of life’s expenses from college tuition to medical bills. Our equity investment product is an advantageous alternative for homeowners and investors alike. When partnering with Point, investors now have access to a brand new asset class - homeowner-occupied residential real estate. Point is the first fintech product that is truly aligned with consumers’ interests - when the homeowner does well, Point and its investors do well.
As a consumer fintech company, we embed integrity, transparency, and trust into everything we do at Point, including how we work. Whether you’re a homeowner, investor, employee, or candidate, it’s people who power our business. We keep the human experience top of mind.
Experts at work
We’re on a mission to help the 23 million equity-rich, but cash-constrained Americans tap into their home’s wealth. To do so, we have experience and expertise in all areas of the business, especially at the helm. Point’s leadership have previously founded TrialPay (acquired by Visa), Yub (acquired by Coupons.com), Metails (acquired by Buy.com), SiteAdvisor (acquired by McAfee), Affirm, SendGrid (acquired by Twilio), and TXN (acquired by Envestnet).
Championed by the best
In 2019, Point closed a $22M Series B led by Prudential Financial, DAG Ventures, and Andreessen Horowitz. We’ve received funding from Ribbit Capital, Greylock, SV Angel and Bloomberg Beta as well.
As Closing Team Lead you’ll manage a talented, successful and growing team of local and remote closers. You’ll be responsible for the engagement, production and quality metrics of the team - reporting your results and discussing them with internal stakeholders. Using your knowledge from prior experience and observations you will consistently consider ways to improve processes, and lead the expansion and development of your team to help in meeting company growth goals.
- Effectively coach, recognize and mentor to build a strong closing team which is goal-oriented and prizes exceeding customer service, compliance, and quality metrics
- Manage and provide feedback to team members on progress against individual closing goals
- Create and execute plans to take our business to the next milestone
- Maintain high customer service and experience standards through call and written correspondence monitoring
- Partner with our People and Recruiting team to support the employee experience and building a better sales organization
- Successfully onboard new team members with closing and company-specific training
- Optimize existing processes to increase the ease and productivity of your team while improving the customer experience
Collaborate with Product, Marketing, and Business Operations teams to implement updates and support strategic initiatives
Act as the voice of your team and advocate on their behalf with leadership and other departments, highlighting and reporting on their achievements
- A minimum of 4 years people management experience in a closing or processing group within the financial services and/ or technology industry
- Deep understanding of residential property title, mortgage underwriting, and loan closing best practices
- A proven track record of success as an individual contributor and people manager
- Managed a team of eight or more individual contributors, helping them attain their goals month over month
- Experience collaborating with Compliance and Regulatory teams. This partnership is a pillar to your team's success
- Significant title vendor management experience
- Exceptionally high service standards and dedication to delivering a world-class customer experience
- Lead by example - embedding integrity, trust, and transparency into everything you do; be prepared to step in and complete closing work to help your team as needed
- The ability to connect and communicate high-level business strategies with day-to-day operations
- Experience in fast-paced, startup environments and can prioritize under pressure
- Strong decision-making skills with a deep understanding of risks and consequences
PERKS AT POINT
Point provides platinum-rated plans for medical (Anthem Blue Cross or Kaiser Permanente), dental (The Standard), and vision (The Standard). We cover 99% of employee premiums and 75% of dependent premiums.
Point participates in the Caltrain GoPass program which provides an unlimited train pass for work and personal travel. Alternatively, team members commuting by car will receive a free parking permit.
Take time for yourself and your family when you want - Point has an unlimited vacation policy.
Work from home & Flexibility
Many team members work from home once a week. We care about productivity and accountability, not facetime.
We encourage all team members to attend events hosted by our investors, external workshops and conferences. We believe in continuous improvement and want to support employees on their professional journeys.
Point will top off California PFL earnings to full salary for up to six weeks, as well as two weeks of fully paid leave to be available after exhaustion of CA PFL. An employee can take reasonable vacation time in addition to the California PFL leave.
*Bright office with amenities *
We have an open floor plan for easy collaboration and plenty of free drinks and snacks to keep you nourished throughout the day. Additionally, Point provides catered lunch every Monday and Wednesday.
Point provides a monthly stipend to cover a 45 credit ClassPass membership - see you at Barry’s Bootcamp!
$75,000 - $95,000 annually
Equity range: 0.008% – 0.02%