Run your business over text
Data Analyst InternNo salary
PocketSuite is a YC-backed mobile platform for service professionals, independent businesses, freelancers, contractors, gigsters, part-time, and other non-traditional workers - helping them message, schedule and collect payment from their clients. PocketSuite empowers the U.S. market of 57 million freelancers, generating $1.2 trillion in sales with online platforms for running their business. Over 4 million appointments booked, $184M in payments processed, 18 million messages sent for businesses running on PocketSuite today. We are the stickiest SMB platform in the market. Once businesses onboard, they never look back.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking natural problem solvers who have a passion for data and a relentless focus on actionable insights and execution. We are looking for someone who is excited about leveraging data to unlock new growth opportunities for self employed people. As a Data Analyst Intern you will generate insights by conducting extensive analyses of PocketSuite's rich data. In the process, you will develop a deep understanding of the payments business, our app's functionality, further strengthen your analytic, leadership and presentation skills and gain exposure to a wide variety of other functional areas within PocketSuite.
- Must be earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or related field
- Understand how to make data visually appealing and simple to both navigate and comprehend for end-users
- Aggregate data from various sources to construct streamlined data pipelines and integrate data from multiple PocketSuite systems
- Identify key metrics and build dashboards to track progress of the business, product adoption, performance, and highest priority opportunity areas
- Excellent understanding of data science fundamentals, open source data analysis systems and event tracking tools, data structures, and algorithms
- Demonstrated experience, familiarity and ease with handling large data sets and crunching numbers
- Information Retrieval (search/recommendation/classification) experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms, and effectively influence both peers and senior leadership
This is a contract position that could turn into a full-time role, if mutual fit. We are open to structuring something that works with the right candidate.
What will you be doing?
- We'll give you the rundown on where we are headed; what we know; and what we don't know
- Then we'll rework our go-forward plan - together!
Anything else that will make you a great fit?
- Payments, SaaS, and fintech knowledge and interest [a plus]
- You are familiar with Python, R, or Matlab
- No one (reasonable) you know would describe you as an asshole.
- Everyone you've worked closely with would rank you in their top 5
- You should be able to ace our basic technical interview [no puzzles, no tricks]
- You sleep when we all #win
- You're not into shiny new things and TechCrunch headlines
- You are all about building systems that create real value for real people - over the long term
- The details matter to you [polished design and copy, alignment across brand assets] and you take lots of pride in your work.
- Looking for an "ALL IN" team and workplace culture
Who we are?
1) Engineers and product obsessed - we loathe over-engineering, we cringe anytime a customer reports a bug and we release new versions every week.
2) We love our customers - solving their problems and helping them grow and succeed in a rapidly changing world. Oh yeah we also love their 5 star reviews.
3) We love disrupting the status quo - desktop solutions are so last year and we believe everyone globally in the industries we're going after will be using a mobile app as their primary business tool by 2025.
4) We don't just think of this as a job. In our spare time, this is what we do and who we are. Our obsession with small business, fintech, smart growth, and cool apps is a 24/7 thing.
5) We believe only two things matter as we build out our business: building a great product and delivering awesome customer service.