Run your business over text
Growth Marketing Associate$70k – $90k • 0.25% – 0.5%
PocketSuite is a YC-backed mobile platform for service professionals, independent businesses, freelancers, contractors, gigsters, part-time, and other non-traditional workers - helping them message, schedule and collect payment from their clients. PocketSuite empowers the U.S. market of 57 million freelancers, generating $1.2 trillion in sales with online platforms for running their business. Over 4 million appointments booked, $184M in payments processed, 18 million messages sent for businesses running on PocketSuite today. We are the stickiest SMB platform in the market. Once businesses onboard, they never look back.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a high energy, creative, scrappy, results oriented Growth Marketer who recognizes that traditional marketing channels are over-saturated and noisy. You have a different take on how to raise the visibility of PocketSuite's brand and you have a track record for going where others don't to find, engage, and convert new users. You don't think it makes sense to spend a dime without the analytics to measure whether that investment delivered at least a 3x return. You only launch marketing campaigns after testing and proving them with experiments. Every bet you place is one you would make with your own money - so you don't take any of it lightly.
You love the idea of making it easy for anyone to work for themselves and make a good living, which is PocketSuite's vision. That idea fires you up so much, you are willing to go to the wall to bring it to life. You know that the best way to spread the word about an amazing app is through your personal network and you have a network that is just waiting to benefit from a solution like this. You are an influencer in the freelancer community and are ready to bring your full network, ideas, talents, and time to bear to build PocketSuite's brand and expand our user base.
This is a full time position that starts as a 30-day contractor role. If it is a fit on both sides, you'll join full time. We are open to structuring something that works with the right candidate.
What will you be doing?
- Manage large sets of data and manage a database of growth marketing analytics across several different online & product based marketing channels
- Conduct driver analysis, do forecasting, and goals to actual reporting across key growth marketing performance metrics
- Run conversion optimization experiments on web, email and in AppStore/GooglePlay
- Update and optimize website as well as maintain high volume blog content
Are there any requirements?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 3+ years of marketing experience
- Strong SEO, ASO, & Email marketing chops
- Mobile marketing background [a plus]
- Payments, SaaS, and fintech knowledge and interest [a plus]
- Prior experience working in a startup environment
- No one (reasonable) you know would describe you as an asshole.
- Everyone you've worked closely with would rank you in their top 5
- You should be able to ace our basic technical interview [no puzzles, no tricks]
- You sleep when we all #win
- You're not into shiny new things and TechCrunch headlines
- You are all about building systems that create real value for real people - over the long term
- The details matter to you [polished design and copy, alignment across brand assets] and you take lots of pride in your work.
- Looking for an "ALL IN" team and workplace culture
Who we are?
1) Engineers and product obsessed - we loathe over-engineering, we cringe anytime a customer reports a bug and we release new versions every week.
2) We love our customers - solving their problems and helping them grow and succeed in a rapidly changing world. Oh yeah we also love their 5 star reviews.
3) We love disrupting the status quo - desktop solutions are so last year and we believe everyone globally in the industries we're going after will be using a mobile app as their primary business tool by 2025.
4) We don't just think of this as a job. In our spare time, this is what we do and who we are. Our obsession with small business, fintech, smart growth, and cool apps is a 24/7 thing.
5) We believe only two things matter as we build out our business: building a great product and delivering awesome customer service.