Save and view articles, videos, and stories from any app
Brand Partnerships Lead, East
Location Details: This role requires you to be located within a commutable distance to New York City.
At Pocket, our mission is to enable people to consume stories worthy of their time and attention. Our apps and platform are essential ways that over 100M people discover and consume content on the web.
About Your Role:
Pocket is hiring a Brand Partnerships Lead, East with a strong background and focus on NYC Holding Companies/Agencies within the digital advertising sales space. In this role, you would be a Player/Coach using your existing relationships and industry expertise to forge new partnerships, grow existing business and mentor an east coast sales team.
About Your Contributions:
- Represent Pocket & Mozilla in the advertising marketplace with digital industry expertise, professionalism and a point of view on Native Sponsored Content
- Continually educate yourself on your clients business challenges, and work to bring the clients advertising solutions which help to solve their business challenges
- Develop, maintain and grow strong relationships with client and agency partners across multiple levels of both organizations
- Strive to have strong relationships where you have intelligence about your client goals and objectives ‘before the RFP’
- Sell a variety of solutions to clients including custom content, editorial sponsorships, mobile executions, programmatic, and demonstrate a curiosity for new and evolving products
- Forecast, track and report revenue contribution and performance with our internal tools
- Contribute to the strategic mission of the sales team by raising ideas, questions and concerns as we work to continually elevate our work in the marketplace
- Mentor & Coach 2 east coast sellers while being responsible for your own quota
- Work with Head of Sales & Revenue on creating Sales GTM Strategy
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual revenue goals
- A minimum of 3 years’ of digital media sales experience, with a demonstrated track record of success in breaking accounts without any history of spending
- Working collaboratively with sales support staff internally is in your DNA
- You have a positive attitude, enthusiasm, high energy, and a passion for excellence
- Results-driven orientation, superior client management skills, excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Independent self-starter who comes equipped with strong contacts at key digital agencies and clients across multiple categories and can get up and running quickly
- High degree of integrity and business ethics
- Willing to travel as needed
We’re a small team that has the resources and support of a large company. Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017, and together we are committed to an internet that elevates critical thinking, reasoned argument, shared knowledge, and verifiable facts. As our Brand Partnerships Lead, East you’ll be responsible for helping ensure our ability to support high quality advertising content on the web. This role is fundamental to Pocket’s growth.
Come work with us and make a huge impact on advancing high-quality digital advertising on the web.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications we still encourage you to apply!
What’s the team like?
We’re a remote-friendly team headquartered in San Francisco, with more than half of our colleagues working from home, co-working spaces, or Mozilla offices. Video conferencing, Slack chats, and shared documents keep everyone in the loop and make sure no one feels isolated. We value transparency and collaboration from the CEO on down.
As a subsidiary of Mozilla, we have the nimbleness of a small team with the resources of a large company, which means each teammate has the opportunity to make a big impact. But we also keep it real: our working hours are flexible—not just because we have team members in different time zones—but because we know you have a life outside the office, and we value that. You’re human, we’re human, and everyone at Pocket is treated with utmost respect.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
Top-notch Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage with 100% of premiums paid by Pocket
401(k) with Employer Contributions
Up to $1,700 USD/year for Health and Wellness expenses and ergonomic desk setup
Commuter pre-tax benefits and bike parking in the office
Pocket at a glance
Pocket focuses on Mobile, Digital Media, Internet, Social Bookmarking, and iOS. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Pocket has raised $14.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2017.